F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

help with tweaked handlebars....

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with tweaked handlebars....

i layed my f4i over on the left side.it was in the grass so it didnt hit real hard but it must have pushed the left handlebar toward the rear a little bit. now when my bike is going straight,the handlebars arent facing exactly straight.its just enough to make it feel weird.how would you go about straightening it back up. its not the clamp ons themselves,its the whole front forks i guess.if you had a way to hold the front wheel straight and try to turn the handlebars to the right just a bit,it would be right but im not sure as to how to loosen up everything....

Old 06-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Default RE: help with tweaked handlebars....

I don't know man, I would take it in, that could be serious. There is a prong on the clip-on that seats in a notch on the triple clamp. Are you sure the prong did'nt get severed allowing it to move to the rear. I've heared of guys cutting the prongs off the stock clip-ons to play with bar position

Old 06-18-2007, 05:19 PM

I had to adjust my triples on my F3 when I installed new forks much like you need to do. All that I did was loosen the lower triple bolts and used some leverage to twist the forks in the opposite direction that they were. I made sure not to use too much pressure since I was prying right against the fork tube so be careful if you do it this way. I needed to test it out once or twice before I had them decent so be patient. If there’s a more accurate way to do this I’d like to know because I was only using my whisky eye this way.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:01 PM

ORIGINAL: EPNF4i

I don't know man, I would take it in, that could be serious. There is a prong on the clip-on that seats in a notch on the triple clamp. Are you sure the prong did'nt get severed allowing it to move to the rear. I've heared of guys cutting the prongs off the stock clip-ons to play with bar position
He said *both* bars are off; I'd go with the top of the tree being tweaked first. It's probably fine, and just needs the top of the tree un-tweaked and retorqued. It's likely a quick, easy, no parts fix he could do himself.