F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Tweaked forks/fork swap question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tweaked forks/fork swap question

The forks on my f4i are slightly tweaked from hitting oil in an intersection last year. I have read about loosening them up and trying to let them re settle but have not yet tried this.

I was thinking about just swapping forks to a new set. I have read about the 929/954 swap and doesnt look to difficult to do if can get the parts for the right price.

I like the look of the inverted fork swap but am more curious about pros/cons to doing this. I figure it may improve handling/ride quality but havent found much info besides people doing the swap on stunt bikes. I daily drive my bike when its warm and enjoy the back roads and twisties on the weekends.

I found a pretty much complete 929 I can get for a decent price but would like some feedback on pro's and con's of doing this before i proceed.

Thanks

Old 11-14-2013, 07:28 PM

How bad are they tweaked? Are they noticeably bent? You can loosen and bounce the front end to re-align them but it wont help if they are bent.

As for the fork swap. I have 1000rr forks on mine and while it looks nice, it was not worth the money imo.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by davedude44
The forks on my f4i are slightly tweaked from hitting oil in an intersection last year. I have read about loosening them up and trying to let them re settle but have not yet tried this.
I am seriously confused by this post. Are your forks bent? If so how would the height in the triple clamps affect them getting strait again? Or did they move in the triples when you crashed? In which case you mearly need to reset them in place and torque things properly as they should never move even in a crash.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
I am seriously confused by this post. Are your forks bent? If so how would the height in the triple clamps affect them getting strait again? Or did they move in the triples when you crashed? In which case you mearly need to reset them in place and torque things properly as they should never move even in a crash.
They can twist in the triples sometimes without permanently bending. Loosening things under the top triple and then "giving the bike CPR" will realign them appropriately.

Old 09-28-2015, 09:32 AM

Wait...How did my post get here from my post in the F4 forum?