F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Help, Bike just cranks forever.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 AM
July 2008 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure your headlight wiring harness is connected, too. Disconnecting the bank angle sensor can result in the same problem (it will crank all day and never spark). My guess is a wiring issue, not an actual problem with the spark plugs. Check your connections and everything.

Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM

Where is the bank angle sensor located?

Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM

the bank angle sensor is to the front of the bike above the headlight right in the middle below the windscreen

Old 03-20-2013, 03:28 AM

Finally here to report back, 2 months later, Still don't have an answer though. I took apart the bike and had it at the spark plugs and it sat for about a month and a half, Finally got the time and put new spark plugs in it and put it back together within the hour. I had bought a new battery for it a month ago or so but my brother took it and put it in his cbr 1000 so now I havn't got a good battery to see if it'll start. Ordered another battery today. If the spark plugs wasn't the problem than only thing I can think left is the rectifier or a connection somewhere. All the connections I've looked at so far were just fine but If it doesn't start i'm going to take the tail off the look at the rectifier. Need to get this thing going because It might be my new daily driver soon. Just got back from TX2K13 and my teg's oil pump went out. Always something on that car.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:18 AM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Don't overlook the ignition switch. Check to see if there is 9v on the pink wire. Without that signal, the ecu won't let the bike start.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:39 PM

Well got the new battery today dropped it in, Same thing just cranks doesn't start. Kind've a bummer but going to take off the rear fairing and check the rectifier first. I've read that if the rectifier is bad it should have some burned wires or something. I've read when it goes bad it gets hot and burns the wires and that's how you tell that it's bad? Anyone here can confirm how to tell if the rectifier is bad?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:31 AM

Finally got it running! Thanks for the help everyone. I'm going to have to guess it was the spark plugs not sure. It kept doing the same thing even after spark plug change. Checked all the fuses all good, Checked all the relays all was working. Charged battery kept trying to get it started. Battery got low, charged it up again to keep trying. Checked all the fuses/relays etc again. (Dropped the fuel pump relay on the floor on accident) Tried turning it over again. Had the throttle wide open while I tried to start it and it finally started up. It kept trying to die I had the hold the throttle alittle bit to keep it running. Than after about a minute of running it would finally idle. Ran perfect ever since. Running just like it should. Have no idea what fixed it, But i'm glad it runs and I got fresh spark plugs. That was the first thing I've ever done to a bike. Lol. Bought a wix oil filter and some mobil 1 oil. Going to do a oil change on it before to long. And brand new set of tires. Got rear mounted already and got to mount the front now. Also while I was changing spark plugs my dad took my fairings and fixed all the cracks etc since he knows how to do that stuff easily. Looks like the CBR is my new daily driver while I fix my integra now. Damn oil pump went out on that thing, Luckily I was stopped at a stop sign when the pump went out.