F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Throttle blipping...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Throttle blipping...

Morning all.... dilemma! Please don't shoot me down in flames for not knowing all...
I have a kliktronic quick shifter on my bike due to having no left leg due to some **** pulling out on me...( see album!)
Anyhow... I had never heard of blipping before I had the CBR600 as I never needed it or knew about it before. Now, I could learn the technique but as I am still fighting using my non existent foot to change gears which I try to do quite often and getting used to a new way...
There is an addition for my shifter which allows full clutchless shifts and also a slightly better one which blips for you too, it does sound great, not only being able to concentrate on enjoying the 'being out on a bike' and also concentrating on getting my lines right etc...
If I get it that will be me forever and I will never learn the skill! Having said that ill never need to know it to 'use it' , just to 'understand the process'.
So... do I wait, learn it manually before going the auto route?
Or... do I just bite the bullet and get it now and get out there 'fully automatic'?
Thoughts???

Old 03-27-2013, 06:31 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no personal experience of a quick shifter Jon, but to me it sounds like you want to get out on the road.

I admire your spirit, I think accidents remind us of how short life can be and it should be enjoyed to the maximum!

Personally I'd go the fully auto route and enjoy the ride.

Here's hoping we have a decent summer this year and a nice long season!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

You have enough to worry about with no left leg. Buy the auto blip and enjoy. It sounds like thats what you want to do eventually anyways.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are right... it would be that eventually anyhow so in the interest of getting out and enjoying it and depleting the bank balance along the way I think (funds alowing) ill do it sooner rather than later...
I am enjoying it although I'm taking it slowly... thanks for the feedback.