F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel pump won't prime

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 12:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Oh it will should stay running only if u hold down starter button if is wires. But headlight will not go on even if running not Ben with starter button held down.if u have all the these problems then I’m almost positive it’s loose wires by headlight which has something to do with knock over sensor. I didn’t buy any new parts and didn’t do anything else but make sure wires connected good. And it never did it again

hi Mike thanks for your advice. I just don't know what this sentence means
"But headlight will not go on even if running not Ben with starter button held down."
As the bike runs after I removed the light fuse so unless the knock sensor is wired up to light wires it seems un logical. But I no little so I shouldn't be picky. I still ride it and so is it's possible if the knock sensor is connected to the light wires it would also be disabled from killing priming and the engine running.
There is a point I'm unsure u made about the lights won't work if engine not running. So I'll be specific, are u saying that if headlights are either blown or just not working the bike will not prime but does crank and not run. But run if starter button held down. I hope this makes sense for u as I know little bout all electricals and ur tips I will give ago as uv had success.
Cheers matey.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:02 PM

Oh it will should stay running only if u hold down starter button if is wires. But headlight will not go on even if running not Ben with starter button held down.if u have all the these problems then I’m almost positive it’s loose wires by headlight which has something to do with knock over sensor. I didn’t buy any new parts and didn’t do anything else but make sure wires connected good. And it never did it again

"But headlight will not go on even if running not Ben with starter button held down."
As the bike runs after I removed the light fuse so unless the knock sensor is wired up to light wires it seems un logical. But I no little so I shouldn't be picky. I still ride it and so is it's possible if the knock sensor is connected to the light wires it would also be disabled from killing priming and the engine running.
There is a point I'm unsure u made about the lights won't work if engine not running. So I'll be specific, are u saying that if headlights are either blown or just not working the bike will not prime but does crank and not run. But run if starter button held down. I hope this makes sense for u as I know little bout all electricals and ur tips I will give ago as uv had success.
Cheers matey.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:05 PM
Default Cheers Mike

Originally Posted by Mike Burger
Leave key on on position and wiggle wires and connectors on left side of headlight. Between front fairings and black air intake hose while key on. If it’s the wires then will hea fuel pump go on and headlights go on when u wigggle the culprit wire connectors and will start. Happened to me a few months ago. Never had to mess with it again after I made sure all was connected good.

Cheers matey.