CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

2000 CBR 929rr Fuel Pump Won't Prime

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow 2000 CBR 929rr Fuel Pump Won't Prime

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, this is a quick post in between searches online. Mods, feel free to move to the appropriate section if needed. So Saturday July 24th, I was out riding, it was in the mid to low 90's. Bike was running JUST fine, no problems at all, no warning of anything. Was at a car dyno day, bike sat for about two hours, rode up the road to get some food, bike sat for about 30-45 minutes and then I went home. Took about a hour long nap before I had to head to work at 4pm. I went out, geared up and got on the bike. Started it and it fired, then sputtered out. I tried starting it again and it would just turn over, did not fire up. I thought maybe it was a fuel filter or something but when I got home that night I turned the key...Cant hear the fuel pump priming at all! All fuses are good.... We just got it over to my friends house and pulled the tank off. We did a bench test on the pump itself and that is working just fine. We have been looking all over on various forums trying to figure out more potential problems but are running into some brick walls. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-26-2010, 08:40 PM

Well put tank back on just to give it a shot, hooked the power up and it primes..Weird. Bike started up but now its throwing codes. Red light on gauges flashes "3 Slow, 4 Fast"??? Again, any helps appreciated, going to start searching for codes online now. Thanks

Old 07-27-2010, 01:25 PM

Did you check...
Battery?
Connections?
These bikes are very picky about weak batteries.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:38 PM

Hey sorry it took a while for a update. I knew it wasn't a battery issue because its a brand new battery, plus I was riding it that entire day, it started then died sputtering out like it ran out of gas.

We were running into dead ends. It WAS throwing a code and we were trouble shooting via fireblade.com. Couldn't figure it out we just sad searching forum after forum after forum. A friend and fellow rider came by to see how we were doing. Tank was lifted we were checking around for anything that seemed out of place. Warren found a electrical plug that seemed to be loose. The teeth that hold the plugs together had broken off and it jossled loose from vibration.

Tightened it back together, turned the key and the code was gone. Started the bike and it fired right up. THANK GOD!

but in the process of doing all this trouble shooting, Rolan and I plugged the fuel pump back up to see if we can hear it prime. I have a hard wired fan on my bike so that was very loud in the garage. We decided to unplug it. I was crouched down on the fan side and he was on the opposite. He said to me "Does you radiator look lose to you??" I lifted from the bottom and the damn thing was just hanging there!!!!

Facing the bike, the left side mount had slipped off since it is not bolted, only the right. Figure, thats weird, maybe theres a loose bolt, so I was sitting it back up on the rod it slips onto and looked over on the bolt side to see if it was loose...I was amazed at what I saw. Where the bracket attaches to the top of the radiator and virtually completely ripped off...not jude the bracket but the radiator was coming with it!!!! WTF! How long have I been riding like that! It had no completly ripped and it HAS NOT ripped into the core, it holds temp. and is not leaking, the other side is warping and almost ripping as well.

This was all Monday. I host a large motorcycle event out here in Beaverton, Oregon every Tuesday all year round, I was determined to ride to it. We zipp tied my radiator snug on so it wouldnt hang and I rode VERY careful avoiding all bumps I could HAHA! Got the bike home, threw it in the garage and on the battery tender. Going to order a radiator on ebay tonight priority shipping.

Probably will do some minor things along with that when it comes. Air filter, spark plugs..that sorta stuff

Old 03-13-2013, 07:21 PM

my bike did the same thing. can you tell me what wire was loose and/or what it looked like. that would be a great help.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:20 AM

Have you messed with the Servo or tried doing the Servo delete? If you are getting code 34 then it has to do with your servo. I am guessing that the plug the OP is talking about was from his wire harness to his servo motor (the weird electric motor hanging in the air that is bolted to your left side fairing-stay, has 3 cables running to it, 1 to your airbox flapper and 2 to your exhaust HTEV under the bike)

Try unplugging the servo plug and plugging it back in.

Also if you did the servo delete, maybe your blue and red/yellow wires are touching which they shouldnt be