F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel pump slow to prime

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel pump slow to prime

Hi everybody,

about 2 weeks ago, I was rearended on the f4i. It was a very minor collision and I am perfectly okay, however the f4i did fall. Fairings are scratched, with a few hairline racks in the fairings. it drives perfectly fine.

Now the fuel pump is kind of slow to prime, when I flip the switch sometimes it'll prime right away, other time's it will take a little of time(30sec-1minute) and sometimes I have to either turn off and on the key, or flip the switch a couple times.

The battery is new, and all accessories including headlights turn on at full strength.

Is there anything related to the tip over that could cause this? If not, does anybody know what it could be?

I've done searches and I can find instances where the pump doesnt prime, but mine will, just after some time.

With the way it's acting, it almost leads me to believe that there is a loose connection but I'm not having to jiggle anything or move anything to get it started. It also gives me no issues whatsoever once it's running.

thanks,
Charles

Old 08-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

go back in time, call the police, insist they don't get a ticket for hitting you, they'll get one regardless for causing the accident, but you will save them some money.
on the police report you have their insurance information, take your bike to the shop, get everything fixed.
otherwise check your fuses and relays, the relays for fuel pump are on the rear right side, im not sure if these fuel pumps can damage themselves when there is no fuel to pump, but if your tip over sensor didnt' work it could of been sucking in air possibly, not likely.
if i was ever involved with a stranger damaging any of my bikes, regardless of what happened, it would immediately be in the shop, and i would insist they get as deep as the rings on the pistons in the case it tilted over.
i say these things because you should pursue that option.