Fuel pump not priming - CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Fuel pump not priming

Old 09-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Default Fuel pump not priming

I plan to bypass all the other sensors like kickstand and bank angle sensors, but first i need help with jumping the fuel pump. I tried jumping it with a wire with the bike on and kill switch but did not work. Just wanted to know what that means exactly..is the whole fuel pump bad? I even swapped both relays but i doubt both went bad.

Old 09-17-2018, 05:39 PM

If you're bypassing the BAS, make sure you do it right. It could be the reason its not priming, or starting at all. It will turn over but will never fire. The kickstand switch only applies when the bike is in gear, so it wont stop the bike from starting or running in neutral with it down. And i do believe there are only 2 relays that would not let the pump prime if they were bad, the two towards the rear of the bike. Its possible the wiring to the pump is flipped, or some other electrical problem harness related. Also make sure the kill switch is in the run position. But, worst case scenario, you might have a bad pump