F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

The first time my bike met the pavement

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The first time my bike met the pavement

I was reading a thread called "Parking lot drop" started by Jdhiner that brought back a brutal memory of the first time I seen my bike go down.

Well I had been waiting very impatiently at home for that call from the dealership to tell me my02 F41was ready for pickup after waiting 3 days after I purchased it; I bought it on a Friday. After I got that phone call I headed down to pick her up. I get to the front desk to let them know I was there and the salesmansays " No problem I'll get one of the Co-op students to bring it around for you".

Ok, no problem so I go wait outside. I hear it fire up in the bay, you can imagine how excited I am at this point, I see the guy slowly ride it out of the shop,he takes a very slow turn towards me and in slow motion he lays it down! *&^*$! was I pissed. I started screaming bloody murder and I went running over to it, the poor kid got up and ran away! Probably a good thing! J/K.

I didnt want to touch it incase they tried to blame it on me so I just waited there feeling like my insides had been torn out of me as the maintenance manager came out shaking his head. He apologized like a million times as he picked it up. She just had a few scratches on the left fairing and a small dent on the stock exhaust whichI would later swap out any way.

Well they ended up giving me $1500 store credit which I used to buy a nice 2 peice leather Joe Rocket suit, and I spent $10 on some vinyl to cover the scratches up. Not a bad deal if you ask me, but you couldnt pay me enough to forget about the frustration and anger I felt when I saw it all happen! It was like I hadjust lost my first born!

Needless to say I have been back to that shop many times and I have never seen that CO OP student in there ever again.

Old 11-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Default RE: The first time my bike met the pavement

thats a nuts story, the honda shop near me would have picked up and said "@hit happens" and sent you on your way, they are a bunch of **^&s.

leather suit is nice though...why did they give you store credit instead of fixing the bike? Damages were enough?

Old 11-22-2007, 12:37 AM

I wanted to take the bike home that day, and I dont think they would have fixed it because they would have had to replace the fairing which they didnt have in stock, plus it was a used bike. If it was brand new I would have demanded for a new bike all together but seeing how it was 2 years old when I bought it and the damage was minor, I felt like I made out like a bandit so I took the deal!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:27 AM

yea i definatly would have taken the store credit too, especially cause u can buy new gear and whatver u want with it with only minor scratches on the bike

Old 11-22-2007, 11:28 PM

dang man, imagine how the co-op felt tho
hah

Old 11-23-2007, 12:14 AM

lol did he really run off?

Old 11-23-2007, 01:33 AM
Retired Administrator

I'd let them drop mine for a free set of leathers.