F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i shorty levers

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome

I have been looking for new levers for the longest time and cant really justify almost 200 dollars on levers. I am on my gov't computer and cant go on ebay what are you guys searching on ebay to find these? I really like them. Did you guys have any ideas on some good grips? I had a pair of progrips but they worn down after one season.

Thanks a ton! im stoked now. They are easy to install also?

Mike

Old 04-29-2010, 12:40 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Lowridese
I have been looking for new levers for the longest time and cant really justify almost 200 dollars on levers. I am on my gov't computer and cant go on ebay what are you guys searching on ebay to find these? I really like them. Did you guys have any ideas on some good grips? I had a pair of progrips but they worn down after one season.

Thanks a ton! im stoked now. They are easy to install also?

Mike

lol talk about brining a old thread back from the dead... mike check my ebay repica thread... and here are two links one for levers the other is for driven grip replicas

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

levers

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

grips

Old 04-29-2010, 09:40 PM

Yeah...I could only find them on ebay...They are cheap at 50$ shipped and took me 5 minutes or so to put them on..You only need a screwdriver and a wrench...1 bolt on each side...Easy as 1,2,3...

Old 04-29-2010, 09:42 PM

You think it would be a good idea to make a F4i aftermarket parts review thread or how to? Just a thought...lol

Old 04-30-2010, 06:50 AM

I agree, zmds18 has been doing a great job finding awesome deals for us. I ordered the black levers last night and the grips also.

I dont want to sound like an idiot, I have not done much of my own work on my bike but am learning. I am looking at my levers and you say its just a screw and a wrench needed. I can see the flat head screw, so do i just release the tension....ugh really sorry

I just want to get the 5 minute deal like yourself haha since mine have shipped.

Thanks for all the help I am stoked!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 AM

It's acutally very easy..Flat head screw on top and bolt at the bottom on the other end..So all you do is loosen the bolt at the bottom with a wrench and use the screwdriver to hold the top of the screw at the same time...take both out...one on each side that is...then the only thing holding it on is the clutch and brake cable ...slide them out of the holding mechanisim and you take both levers off...then all you do is reverse the process and bingo.....Any questions let me know...Cheers....

Old 04-30-2010, 12:48 PM

I was impressed by the Hong Kong quality to, except I ordered a Hong Kong gas cap first just to make sure. If your black starts to fade send them to me I'll powdercoat them for a good price.

choose color here http://www.columbiacoatings.com/category_s/5.htm

B_Jcoating@hotmail.com

Old 04-30-2010, 01:27 PM

Thanks very much, i didnt know it was that easy, now i just cant wait for them to get in. STOKED.

Mike

Old 05-19-2010, 10:15 PM
Default Bought pegs and bar ends...

Ok...So i ordered some rear pegs and got them a few days ago...CRAP! Totally got taken....They were not exaclty what I was looking for ....

Ok...so I bought these (rear pegs)...They don't have a stopper so you can't even use them...They are also very ****ty quality..So they don't stay up like the stock ones do however when they are down they don't stop in the out position...they slite all the way down the the bottom so TOTALLY USELESS! DO NOT BUY THEM>>>!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And i also bought these (spiked bar ends) as well....And I have not put them on yet however they seem pretty nice...well except for the paint ship...!!!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Oh well I did not pay much for the pegs however still sucks...looked good on the ebay add...Crappy deal for me...Cheers...