F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i shorty levers

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 04:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i shorty levers and other ebay stuff

Ok...I did a quick search and can't find the post I was looking for...I hate to start a new post for something that has already been posted however I am in a hurry....I am about to buy new levers from ebay and remember reading that someone bought them and liked them very much...I want to make sure they are the same so I will post the link. Please let me know if any of you have bought them and what you're thoughts are on them...Thanks in advance...Oh and what color should I pick? My bike is the red and white F4i....I was thinking gold or red however I do believe the red ones turn pink after a while...Cheers...Andy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Brake...PartsQ5fAccess

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Short...Q5fAccessories

Last edited by andymp3; 05-19-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:31 PM

i got the gold ones and they already started to fade. it still looks ok though since gold just fades into a light gold. lol. if i had to do it again, i would just get the un-anodized silver ones.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theyre actually not bad levers. I picked some up from Hongkong before but they took forever to get Stateside.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:53 AM

This thread =

There ARE threads that aren't more than a few days since they've last been updated, a couple clicks through the pages and you would've known that. As far as color, you could always paint them if they fade? I say black or silver though. Clean and simple.

Old 04-06-2010, 08:17 AM

I've been using my black shorty hong kong levers for a month, no fade at all. Love them. Paid $40 shipped.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:26 AM
July 2010 ROTM

i say black or silver too

Old 04-06-2010, 10:33 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

black is my vote... if they fade... take off the levers and send in for powdercoating... end of problem

Old 04-06-2010, 02:37 PM

I just got mine... black (w/ red adjuster). They came in 2 weeks. Fit well. The red adjuster is a bit pinkish and I will probably end up painting it black by the end of the season. But for $45 shipped I am stoked they turned out as good as I expected.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:53 PM

Well...tks...I was thinking the same thing...As for the person that presented the nice star trek face palm...I did a quick search however my laptop is messed up...SOme nice person sent me a virus and it is messed up big time...I was hardly able to do anything...so in my defence I took the easy way...I did remember a post for this however just could not find it within 10 minutes so I made this one...I want red or gold however as you all stated with anodized it will not last...I will most likely get silver or black and go with the powder coat when it fades...I now have to find a pair that are shorties...Is 140 mm considered the short ones...A few of the ebay ones don't actually state short levers...only give the dimensions at the most....Tks guys and sorry for the repost.I like this forum...it's nice to be able to talk to others about bikes, parts and ridding without all the bitching and internet bullying.....cheers...Andy

Old 04-09-2010, 01:45 AM

I didn't mean to come off "impatient". There is an issue with the search button, it doesn't work when I'm logged in. Bizarre, and oh well.

I too come to the forum for advice and input without the worry of having to don an interwebz flame suit.

Quick Reply: F4i shorty levers