F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Dilemma here..do I sell her? Ugh....: (

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 05:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redzintimidator
I would just wait for the perfect bike to come your way. It will, just give it time.
You saying that cause you got the seller on the phone and are just getting transport lined up to grab it?

That 07 is under-valued. I'd take it if it were here and decide what to do after I had the title in hand. Won't matter. Someone else will clue in and buy it while noober dithers.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thing is, even though the 07 is $5000..it has a small scuff on the stator cover...does not have powdercoated parts like the 08 (esp graffiti) has..and the thought of swapping plastics, even if they are oem pearl white or matte black graffiti doesnt sit right with me..I dont like to "piece" my bikes together...I like them as close to stock as possible so I myself can customize and mod : )

At the end of the day...id rather pay $2k more to get what I want....an 08 graffiti

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 07-28-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

That makes no sence to me when the difference is plastics but okie dokie good luck.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:14 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by boredandstroked
That makes no sence to me when the difference is plastics but okie dokie good luck.
The difference is plastics but there is a difference between OEM plastics and after market. The after market ones might not fit perfect as OEM and the paint might chip easily. Since this is a bike he is going to use on the street and not track he wants it to look at perfect as it can. I'm sure if he can switch mint OEM plastic for mint OEM plastics he would do it in a heart beat but he doesn't want to down grade in plastics. Just my

Old 07-28-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
The difference is plastics but there is a difference between OEM plastics and after market. The after market ones might not fit perfect as OEM and the paint might chip easily. Since this is a bike he is going to use on the street and not track he wants it to look at perfect as it can. I'm sure if he can switch mint OEM plastic for mint OEM plastics he would do it in a heart beat but he doesn't want to down grade in plastics. Just my
Took the words right outta my mouth

Old 07-29-2011, 07:37 AM

In my opinion if your going to spend 5-8g's on a bike don't "settle", it might take a bit more time but find and get what you want.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:53 PM

OK....well I am starting to seriously consider picking up this 2007 Blue/Gray 1 owner 5900 miles for $5000! It seems like a steal (I'll know tomorrow after I inspect it)

My question is this...I'll give this blue derty mistress a "chance" lol to grow on me...but I have a strong hunch that with in a few months I will want to switch to OEM Graffiti matte black (or pearl white..I got a lot of soul searching to do) plastics

Although in my head It always bothered me to "piece together" a bike, I think I may be able to live with it if it is a direct OEM replacement/fit. This way I figure, if I buy the bike for $5000, buy a complete OEM fairing set for say $1-1,500? I've still got what I want for a price that I can live with...

The bike has flush mounts, plate relocate and some hideous chrome sliders (no cut it looks like...ya theyr coming off asap for some woodcrafts)

Heres my question, WHERE is the best place/cheapest to get a complete set of OEM plastics for an 07? Is there someplace I can order direct from rather than messing with the stealership? Thanks guys!

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 07-29-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:21 PM
October 2011 ROTM

If you have a stong feeling that your going to regret the blue and silver scheme then I would stay way. As far as I know there is no place to buy the fairings direct which means you have to go through a dealer. The cheapest place I have found is DGY.com. I real quick priced it out for all the major pcs and it is $1700 assuming I didn't miss anything. I don't know if that comes with the decals or not. If not that is going to cost you more money and then your going to have to install them. Now you could sell the blue ones and make some money back if you want but its going to be more work than picking up the bike that you want.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
OK....well I am starting to seriously consider picking up this 2007 Blue/Gray 1 owner 5900 miles for $5000! It seems like a steal (I'll know tomorrow after I inspect it)

My question is this...I'll give this blue derty mistress a "chance" lol to grow on me...but I have a strong hunch that with in a few months I will want to switch to OEM Graffiti matte black (or pearl white..I got a lot of soul searching to do) plastics

Although in my head It always bothered me to "piece together" a bike, I think I may be able to live with it if it is a direct OEM replacement/fit. This way I figure, if I buy the bike for $5000, buy a complete OEM fairing set for say $1-1,500? I've still got what I want for a price that I can live with...

The bike has flush mounts, plate relocate and some hideous chrome sliders (no cut it looks like...ya theyr coming off asap for some woodcrafts)

Heres my question, WHERE is the best place/cheapest to get a complete set of OEM plastics for an 07? Is there someplace I can order direct from rather than messing with the stealership? Thanks guys!
I feel like I've been throwing my $.02 around this thread a lot, but I think this is a MUCH better route as long as the bike checks out. $5k with that little mileage is a steal!

As for the color, I personally love the 07 blue scheme, but I do have a soft spot for matte black as well. When you're riding it, you'll forget all about what color it is . If you absolutely decide that you want to go matte black, I'd suggest taking the OEM plastics to a quality paint shop and have them spray them flat black. It would cost wayyy less than a new set of OEM's and you wouldn't have the decals on there that you were thinking about ripping off anyways! You could even have the rearsets and passeneger pegs powdercoated black and still come out cheaper than buying new plastics.

If you do go the OEM fairing route, I know ronayers.com and bikebandit.com sell OEM fairings. Not sure if they're any cheaper than going straight to the dealer and I know you don't get any discount for buying the full set instead of every individual piece.

Good luck!

Old 07-29-2011, 03:35 PM

All good feedback and ideas guys thanks so much...Ryan, ya I know what you mean about all the hassle and coming out with a ~$6,700 bike! I refuse to pay the dealer here $8,800 for that graffiti so it's out of the picture at this point.

Mike- First things first...did you buy Nates Isabelle? I'm confuded here and I like that idea! Although I hate the idea of a "painted" other than OEM bike, I think a good shop could do some really good work! And that way, I could customize the color of the honda symbol/branding on the tank (silver or gloss black) over the matte finish....hmmm so many ideas...keep em coming

Quick Reply: Dilemma here..do I sell her? Ugh....: (