F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

DDM Tuning HID Kit

Old 07-13-2010, 03:52 AM
Default DDM Tuning HID Kit

Hey guys,

So I purchased a DDM Tuning HID Kit rated at 55W with a color temp of 6000K

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...rcycle-HID-Kit

and good 'ol purple truck (fed ex) will be delivering it to my porch tomorrow (wednesday). I've been reading around just now and discovered that people highly suggest ordering a wiring harness because of the high 55W but others have said otherwise.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HI...Wiring-Harness

What do you guys think?

Old 07-13-2010, 04:08 AM

People are running it without any problem. It's really only so that the kit draws directly from the battery. I'd just run it without it, and if you really feel the need, pick up the kit and add it in later.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:23 AM

I don't know what the draw of that hid kit is vs standard dual filament bulbs, but I had to run new wires and 2 relays to my f4i. The PO wired it using one relay and stock harness a suggested on an old how too, and it eventuallt overtime cooked each plug on the harness and the fuse box connector and the ignition switch to the point the headlights quit working. What I did also made a noticeble difference in power to me aswell. Power was being robbed at the ignition which effected firing. Since im down due to my accident, I'll take the time to do a how too in the next couple of days. Basically for the technical, You bring power to a relay from bat and you signal the coil of that relay with ignition switch. when the relay is on, you pass power to the other relay and you toggle its coil using the hi/lo beam switch. I'll draw up a wiring diagram soon.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by jonld View Post
I don't know what the draw of that hid kit is vs standard dual filament bulbs, but I had to run new wires and 2 relays to my f4i. The PO wired it using one relay and stock harness a suggested on an old how too, and it eventuallt overtime cooked each plug on the harness and the fuse box connector and the ignition switch to the point the headlights quit working. What I did also made a noticeble difference in power to me aswell. Power was being robbed at the ignition which effected firing. Since im down due to my accident, I'll take the time to do a how too in the next couple of days. Basically for the technical, You bring power to a relay from bat and you signal the coil of that relay with ignition switch. when the relay is on, you pass power to the other relay and you toggle its coil using the hi/lo beam switch. I'll draw up a wiring diagram soon.
I would really like to see that how-to for future reference.

Old 07-13-2010, 07:07 PM

just ordered mine, they will be here tomorrow afternoon. I got the 35watt, 8k, my buddy installed them on his 07 gsx-r 750 and i was a sinch, the f4i gotta be even easier cause of all the room behind guages compared to gsxr. got the 35 so i wouldnt burn anything up.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:43 PM

no harness or error correction kit needed at all! no splicing or cutting. PLUG AND PLAY!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:31 PM
Default DDM Tuning HID H7 Kit 35W 6000K

Sick97SS sold me on these. I just purchased a DDM Tuning HID H7 Kit rated at 35W with a color temp of 6000K. No cutting or splicing necessary is just too easy for $50.84 shipped Fed Ex Ground to my door.

I can't wait for the install and increased lighting and appearance!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Just finished a quick write-up... enjoy
https://home.comcast.net/~nstama/hidinstall.html

Old 07-14-2010, 06:29 PM

Very easy installation process, literally plug and play. Took me a little over an hour, only because the most difficult part was to actually figure out where to mount the ballasts. Some guy drilled two tiny holes into his frame and mounted the ballasts but I thought that was a stupid idea because that would screw with the frame.

I just mounted it with the included double sided tape and stuck it to the airbox next to the forks. I realize that might not be the best place to stick them but the bike is sitting outside in the sun so hopefully the heat from the sun will heat up the stickiness of the tape a bit.

Where has everyone else mounted their ballasts?

Old 07-14-2010, 08:17 PM

Good quality...Plug and play... I got the same ones for me and my friend..95 shipped.
And theres really no need for the 55W..35W gives just enough light without blinding other users of the road...as we riders already do blind them enough with the high beams on at all times.
My opinion.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DDM Tuning HID Kit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.