F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

DDM Tuning HID Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stupid easy install. But i did have a problem.....=( they sent me 1 faulty ballast but they were quick to respond and im shipping it back tomorrow. I really need it for next wk so im trying to see if they will send me another one while they check out the one i sent back and if its my fault charge me the shipping and such. but I know its not my fault. When i put the ballast on the high beam, as soon as i hit the switch, it blinked on then right back off. so i checked the wiring and it was fine, then i changed ballast w/ the other one, and did same for the low beam. so, i gotta send it back /sigh.... but the low beam is brighter than my stock highbeam lol. Just want it for Bike Fest next week. i'll keep you guys updated

Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 PM

Wow, great info. Definitely going to upgrade soon myself.

I am thinking 55watt though. I do a lot of night mountain riding and the extra light output would be nice in the pitch black darkness.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:52 AM

Believe me, you will not be disappointed when you switch to the HID kit for your night riding. I took it out earlier and....OMG. Let's just say, I already had 2 people flash their lights at me and I rode by...LOL. It literally lights up the entire width of the road, both lanes, and then some more. AND it reaches far out infront too.

It's great though, a very cheap mod for safety purposes Let me know how your install goes if you need help, but I doubt it though.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by mzk4lyfe101
Wow, great info. Definitely going to upgrade soon myself.

I am thinking 55watt though. I do a lot of night mountain riding and the extra light output would be nice in the pitch black darkness.
I do the mountain riding at night too, but honestly 55w would be over kill, the low beam 35w is already brighter than the stock high and low beams together,(and i got the 8k bulbs, sucker for blue) the high beam makes it look day time for what seems forever infront of you. spend the extra $10 on the 2 day shipping. DONT LOOK AT THE SPEED LIMIT SIGNS, THE LIGHT REFLECTING WILL BLIND YOU LOL, no joke tho.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:38 AM

One of my ballasts just died and I was looking to replace the kit soon cause its actually the one from my old car!! But I think its great that you can wear your tinted visor at night now! I HATE lugging two around with me when I know Ill be riding all day and night and don't wear a backpack!

QUESTION:So they are both low and high beams? Like you can use both for low beam and then hit the switch and they both become high beams? Or are they just like the regular CBR lights? One on one off?

Old 07-15-2010, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both bulbs are identical, just the reflectors in the headlight housing that are different for lo and hi beam. The lights still work the same as stock after the HID install only much brighter.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Correct.

I agree with the speed limit signs blinding you. I can only have my brights on when I'm on back roads, because there aren't many signs.

Also, you don't need to worry about the power output, the lights are honestly plenty bright enough. If anything just adjust your headlights a bit.

On a side note, how do you guys "tell off" cars that flash you because they don't know the law. I usually use subtle hand gestures.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:52 PM

Sick, you should be getting a portion of the profit from these guys. Maybe you could do some demo's for them on their website.

Old 07-15-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080
On a side note, how do you guys "tell off" cars that flash you because they don't know the law. I usually use subtle hand gestures.

I flash my lights, turn to low beams then back on to high beams. And then a simple hand gesture wave, like a hi!

Old 07-15-2010, 11:47 PM

RMH3 can you snag a pic of just the low beam on to show the difference in color between the 35w 6000k that Sick has and the 35w 8000k bulbs that you have? I know you've only got the one ballast but it should give a decent comparison. Not sure if the 8000k will be too blue or not. 6000k looks really white from looking at Sick's install page.

Quick Reply: DDM Tuning HID Kit