F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board
View Poll Results: How many of you have:
Crashed into someone or something.
19.01%
Layed it down without crashing into anything.
45.42%
Have been insanely lucky or skilled to have down neither.
43.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Crash Poll

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 02:04 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Expect every car not to see you and to pull out in front of you. Your buddy was right there. And look 100's, if not 1000's of feet ahead of yourself and your bike. Anticipating what a car ahead might do, therefore, getting you to think what you might have to do to avoid a collision with that car if he doesnt see you and pulls out. Think far ahead! Ghostrider says so.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I flipped over forward while trying to take a turn too fast. I was really new and not used to my bike.
Dislocated shoulder.
Lots of road rash. Could have been much worse.
from what I was told my bike did a complete flip and landed wheels down 5" from my head.
Scary.
I have since gotten tremendous amounts of respect for all bikes and have been fine ever since.

Old 10-13-2010, 08:52 AM

Been riding for three years and just crashed mine. It was a noob mistake though. My buddy lost traction in front of me and I watched as he tried to regain it to make the corner. He ended up running out of pavement and sideswiped the guardrail. I got caught watching him instead of preparing for the turn (or stopping, which I probably could have done). I believe I hit the front brake while turning which kicked out my front and sent my bike into a guard rail post, myself into another. Dislocated my hip, minor scrapes on my knees, forks broke off the bike.

Old 10-13-2010, 03:33 PM

Took a 15 mph 90 degree left hand turn at 40+ on the touring tires the PO had on the bike, peg feeler scraped hard and it was over, rear slid out and the bike slid into the side of the canyon wall, breaking my tail fairing and mangling my license plate ( looks really cool all beat up IMO ).

Been riding for a bit over a year and was just riding way too fast for the conditions and my experience level.

Oh btw i didnt get hurt at all because i wear ATGATT, that means full racing boots, full gauntlet gloves, good textile pants and a nice leather or good textile jacket that zip to the pants as well as my helmet.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:17 PM

I am definitely a fan of ATGATT. I see some people riding on the highways in nothing but a helmet, shorts, T-shirt, and tennis shoes...God help them in a crash. I heard that (depending on the conditions) regular jeans only last about 7 feet in a slide before they disappear.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:04 PM

Well fellow f4i riders my bike is down but hopefully not out. I had a high side crash this past wednesday.Im not hurt just my pride.