F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board
View Poll Results: How many of you have:
Crashed into someone or something.
19.01%
Layed it down without crashing into anything.
45.42%
Have been insanely lucky or skilled to have down neither.
43.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Crash Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyracuse
Already done it a couple hundred times on my dirt bike, so I think I'm good.
Dirt, trees n rocks dont pull out in front of you, slam their brakes on in front of you, merge into you, come at you in your lane, turn in front of you, get oily n slick...

Not saying you will or wont, but odds are against us all and dirt is nothing like the street

Old 01-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I voted "insanely lucky". Yeah, I rode dirt bikes for 16 years. Thanks to broken bones, I don't have full range of motion in my right wrist and have a plate and screws holding my left ankle together. Everyone wrecks on dirt bikes, so I don't count those.

Street bikes though, 3 years and 11000 miles on a cruiser, plus 4 1/2 years and 29000 miles on a sportbike without a mishap. Not bragging.....I know it's coming and I've just been "insanely lucky". I wear full leathers with armor, boots, gloves, and helmet. I'm also getting ready to add one of the armored shirts with a CE rated back and chest protector. Hopefully, when my number's up, the gear will keep it from hurting so bad or maybe, I'll continue to be lucky??? LOL

Last edited by backroad; 01-22-2010 at 05:46 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:59 PM
July 2010 ROTM

+1 for dirt not being like the street, on a dirt bike you dont have to be anywhere near as responsible as on the street, which sucks sometimes

Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 AM

I said that I layed it down without hitting anything but that was on my old on/off road bike while driving on ice. I was on the street though so it counts as a crash I guess. Thats it though so far. The f4i has been real good to me and the few times where I would have crashed the bike has easily been able to get me out of it. Go Honda

Old 02-04-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by playfulgod
dirt, trees n rocks dont pull out in front of you, slam their brakes on in front of you, merge into you, come at you in your lane, turn in front of you, get oily n slick...

Not saying you will or wont, but odds are against us all and dirt is nothing like the street
Mud?!?!?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:20 AM

here is my street bike accidents (pretty much none of them count as a real accident) on my 08 cbr 600rr tiped over because i steped on some shyt getting off and pushed the kick stand out my leg and a pool cover broke its fall. loading the 600 in a truck to go trade it in, spit the ramp out and the bike almost fell off the back of a tall truck put a small crack in the upper farring that the dealer didnt notice. bringing my new 1000 home i unloaded it down the road, backed the truck in the ditch by the driveway so the ramp was'nt so steep, got the bike off just how planed. now idling the bike down a snow covered road in febuary a truck and horse trailer was coming down the road and did'nt move over for me. the bike was just on the sloped part of the road and just lightly slid on to her side i had no break that day. whent out riding on a warm day in febuary, got stuck waiting somewhere for someone. it got cold real fast, the 3 turn i took i lowsided it last incident i was riding home going whit traffic about 60-65 mph started going through some turns and newer saw the shyt on the road. they spray the dirt roads with calcium chloride to keep the dust down, well the truck driver went across the paved road where it turns and dumped that shyt all over it. lets just say it would have been a cool picture of me drifting that turn. then i went home to check my shorts

Old 02-07-2010, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by teko1020
Mud?!?!?
Mud can be slick yes, but isnt nothing like hitting a patch of antifreeze on the pavement!! tho my dirt riding experience did save me (I kicked out of it), it nearly ripped my leg off (or felt like it anyhow lol).

Old 02-16-2010, 11:12 PM

2.5 yrs and approx 20k miles and no wreck yet
a few instances come to mind that do make it seem like an inevitability though

Old 02-17-2010, 06:10 PM

In my 36th season of riding, and no street crashes yet in over 100,000 street miles on standards, tourers and sport bikes. (I currently have only sport bikes.) I know it's coming though. Too many folks out there not paying attention, and that sometimes includes me, even though I work to stay focused while riding.

I've been getting more paranoid as more an more folks are rolling on their phones, watching TV/DVD's and such. I now won't ride without gear (minimum helmet, leather jacket, gloves, boots and at least denim pants), and if I'm planning any kind of sport or performance riding (as opposed to commuting), it's full leathers with a back protector as well.

I've had a couple of on-track crashes while pushing my limits, but walked away from all so far.

Old 03-02-2010, 11:17 PM

I don't feel invincible by any means on a bike, I'm been thrown off, and wrecked, but luckily was able to stand it back up, and ride it.

I think that if I ever crash again, it's not going to be my fault. Not saying that I CAN'T be at fault, but I think with the degrading standards of attention spans on the roads today, all our days are numbered.

Quick Reply: Crash Poll