F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Convert Stock Exhaust to Yoshi TRS Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convert Stock Exhaust to Yoshi TRS Exhaust

So I bought a Yoshimura Slip on exhaust on Craigslist but it did not come with a "Yoshimura tail-pipe" to connect to my '02 F4i (Cali model with o2 sensor).The guy was selling parts because he got in an accident and totaled the bike '02 f4i. The picture below iseverything that came with the Yoshiexhaust so I was wondering if I could just change the mufflers from Stock exhaust to Yoshimura TRS and still have the o2 sensor still working.

So I have two plans...
1. I can go find a Yoshimura Cali model tailpipe like at a junkyard or from Yoshimura co. (But i'm trying to save money)
or
2. Weld the Yoshi exhaust to the stock tailpipe.

Here isthe pdf of the Yoshimura tailpipe so you can see what i'm talking about.
Name:  PDFyoshi.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  46.0 KB

So I plan on cutting off the stock exhaust because it it welded together...
Name:  IMG_2681.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  61.4 KB

And welding it to the Yoshi TRS end...
Name:  IMG_2685.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  75.8 KB

Does anyoneknow if there will be any problems occur? Will I lose performance due to the stock tailpipe? Will it fit properly on my bike (exam:bolt on on the rear foot peg) Any other suggestions?

Old 01-26-2009, 02:16 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal
Default RE: Convert Stock Exhaust to Yoshi TRS Exhaust

your fine as long as there are no air pockets.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:22 PM

it seems like a logical thing to do........go for it....i think you can make it look good.....just tack it and get the fitment right before welding the whole thing....post up pics of the progress and good luck.

o and you shouldnt loose any performance....the stock mid pipe is gona be a bit heavier than the yosh you don't have, but again...everything should be ok....

Old 01-26-2009, 03:42 PM

If your thinking of saving money my best bet would be just welding the the slip on to the stock pipe. The only problem that you might end of facing is when a cop pulls you over and gives you a fix it ticket.

Hey whiteflash, I heard that your a pro in welding. Since your so good in that just weld it bro.

You don't need to worry about performance since you don't race on the track. I think your the one that mentioned that you just like cruising in the streets and popping wheelies in front of 16 year old girls. haha! j/k bro. Good luck on the welding and keep all of us posted on the project.

Stay safe and watch out for the school cops or you might just get [sm=bustedsign.gif]....

Old 01-26-2009, 04:01 PM

ORIGINAL: ryan_a

If your thinking of saving money my best bet would be just welding the the slip on to the stock pipe. The only problem that you might end of facing is when a cop pulls you over and gives you a fix it ticket.

Hey whiteflash, I heard that your a pro in welding. Since your so good in that just weld it bro.

You don't need to worry about performance since you don't race on the track. I think your the one that mentioned that you just like cruising in the streets and popping wheelies in front of 16 year old girls. haha! j/k bro. Good luck on the welding and keep all of us posted on the project.

Stay safe and watch out for the school cops or you might just get [sm=bustedsign.gif]....

[sm=smiley24.gif] really?......

No cop is gona write you for that....you're good bro....go for it....+1 for wheelies in front of underage chics...errr something.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:16 PM

ORIGINAL: K0NPHL1C7

Well then, now I feel kind of lazy. It's not that I didn't try, but I guess I didn't try hard enough!. Thanks for the link!

Response from Yoshi:

"Jeff,

You can order the item directly thru us. Here are the part numbers, I'm not sure if you have the California Model bike or not:

1215-435 (CBR6F4i 01-06 SS RACE SO TP) $122.50
1215-435-CA (CA MODEL CBR6F4i 01-06 SS RACE SO TP) $122.50

Thanks!

Lauren
Yoshimura Sales"
Just found this on another post.

btw... they were 18 years old and it was in front of Starbucks lol [8D]You sick ol' man!

Old 01-26-2009, 10:38 PM

just to clarify one thing that is called a MID-pipe not a tail pipe.

If you cut the old mid pipe off the stock can you can have the 2 tabs welded on have the edge stretched a tiny bit by an exaust shop and mount it like you would the actual pipe.

All you would have to do is have the 2 tabs mounted in line with the Yosh pipe and get 2 springs to hold it together like it is meant to be.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXwlp7s6AXY

Here is what it looks/sounds like. I must say I feel a little bit more power. I wonder what it will feel like with a power commander.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 PM

Yup that's the sound I'm familiar with
Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but it looks like your pipe sticks out further back, and is angled lower than it would be with the TRS midpipe (instead of matching the angle of the tail).