F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Bulb clip help

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bulb clip help

Hello, I am new to the forum and this place is a wealth of great information.
I just bought a 600 f4i and it is a great bike and it is in great condition.
I have just done all the regular matinance, plugs (what a pain), oil, brakes etc. with some minor mods.
The mod that I am doing now it putting in an HID kit. This was from one of the sellers, on eBay, that was recommended in the “new slim ballast install”.

Unfortunately the bulbs (H7) didn’t come with the correct adapter/spacer to install in the bike. I fixed that by using the original bulb housing, I just drilled and Dremeled it apart.

Now to my question, for some reason my bike is missing the spring clip that hold the bulb in, guess one of the owners lost it? It doesn’t show up on any Honda parts list to buy one.

So, I’m asking if someone might have an extra that I can buy?
I know this should go in the wanted section but I thought it might get me more of a response here.

Thanks,
Jon

Old 08-10-2009, 12:53 PM

I find it hard to believe that you can't find it on a Honda parts list. My Honda dealership has been really helpful for all the little parts as well as the big ones. They can pull up a picture of a screw and tell you how many of them are on the bike. Seems odd they wouldn't have a diagram for your clip.

Have you been to the dealership? It's unlikely that someone has one unless they recently totalled their bike or bought a parts bike.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:04 PM

I could see this happening because its part of the assembly.. They probably want you to buy the whole head light unit. I would make something work like taking your own wire and bending it so it will stay in the spot of the manufacture.

Good luck in what you do!!

Old 08-10-2009, 03:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes that clip is sold with the headlight assembly only which sucks but,you can use a paper clip and bend it to fit just like the original.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:50 AM

sorry for bringing up a dead post.. but i just bought an 02 F4i and my headlight is missing BOTH of the spring clips.. so i cant even see how one is supposed to be to make another. could someone possible get a picture of one or something? i dont have any buddies that have CBRs.. they all ride r6s or gsxrs.. Thanks