F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Both Headlights on at the same time?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Playful is my hero =)

Old 01-05-2010, 01:00 AM

well in oregon your alowed to run up to 3 head lights at once as long as the other 2 are not running a higher watt then the low beam. its right in the oregon drivers manual. so running a high beam is ok because there the same watt a little flaw i found.

Old 01-05-2010, 03:26 PM
Old 01-05-2010, 04:21 PM

I would not want that coming at me whether i be in my truck or bike

Old 01-06-2010, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by purpleslug
well in oregon your alowed to run up to 3 head lights at once as long as the other 2 are not running a higher watt then the low beam. its right in the oregon drivers manual. so running a high beam is ok because there the same watt a little flaw i found.
Legal or not it is not safe to be running both lights at all times.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:37 PM

I am just now starting to look into the HID lighting for my bike now after reading some things on here. I was wondering, do i need to get the entire conversion kit or can i just replace the bulbs? Im not sure how this works but i like the idea of being able to see better at night on the dark country roads.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by nmutroy
I am just now starting to look into the HID lighting for my bike now after reading some things on here. I was wondering, do i need to get the entire conversion kit or can i just replace the bulbs? Im not sure how this works but i like the idea of being able to see better at night on the dark country roads.

You can replace just the bulbs with an HID setup but I recommend wiring them in with a harness. You will get some glare from a stock reflector but not to the point where you are really blinding anyone.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by nmutroy
HID consists of a bulb and a ballast (and cables). A regular colored bulb, claiming to be almost as good as HID is a waste of your time and money.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by knonfs
HID consists of a bulb and a ballast (and cables). A regular colored bulb, claiming to be almost as good as HID is a waste of your time and money.
Yes, make sure you use an actual HID kit that contains ballasts. I recommend ddm from personal use. The bulbs that are simulated HID or Xenon are nothing more than a regular bulb that has a coloured coating on it. This coating actually filters the light to the preferred colour by blocking certain colours. So in simple terms, you are actually losing light even though they look brighter when you look at them. They will not light up the road as good.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:07 PM

Do you reccommend a good web site where i can look at these kits and possibly order from?

Quick Reply: Both Headlights on at the same time?