F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Both Headlights on at the same time?

Old 11-28-2009, 04:06 AM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only difference on our bikes between the high & low beam is the headlight deflector design. Both bulbs run at 12V-55W (OEM), thus only the emitted light pattern is the variable. I've heard of folks aiming their high beams all the way down and of being able to ride with both on at night. Only drawback to that is you'd be loosing your high beam capability. If you don't ride in dark desolate roads often, no big deal.

Old 11-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Ladies Lounge Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Maddawg777
I see.... I will look into the HID's....
They make a HUGE difference- literally, night and day. I've got the bulbs on order, it's the next thing I'm doing.

Old 11-28-2009, 09:20 AM

I fail to believe that riding with both lights on is "illegal" wtf would they make them for? It's a matter of visibility for you and allows other people to see you better....I have a feeling that cop was simply an idiot or had a bad day and wanted to ruin someone elses...Plus I don't think that would hold up well in court would be an easy one to fight....Here in Ohio I ride with brights on day and night what can it hurt? I generally just have people pissed that my lights are right in their face but hey thats better than them not seeing me at all...HIDs look bad*ss where is a good place to get those, i dont want to go with something that is a piece of crap but i also dont need the most expensive thing out there

Old 11-28-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Maddawg777
I see.... I will look into the HID's....
You will not regret it.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by K7inne09
I fail to believe that riding with both lights on is "illegal" wtf would they make them for?
I've been ticketed TWICE for "failure to dim bright lights". I fought both tickets and lost both cases. So believe it brother, I learned the hard way (100 bucks per offense) thankfully no points though.
OP, use the search function, there are other posts asking how and replies as to why not to do the mod.

Old 11-28-2009, 12:57 PM

Guys. The law varies between states. I know in Illinois, bikes can ride day or night with high beams on. Normally I don't have to, due to well lit areas, but country roads they're on nonstop. But people do tend to get pissed and flash you, because they aren't aware of the law.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:18 PM

my friend with an f4i actually got pulled over for having 1 light on and 1 light off, the stupid cop, thinking it was just like a car and was about to give him a ticket for having a bad bulb. my friend had to educate him that the f4i doesnt work like that, that one light was high beam and one was low.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:43 PM
April 2011 Ride of the Month

Originally Posted by Zero1080
Guys. The law varies between states. I know in Illinois, bikes can ride day or night with high beams on. Normally I don't have to, due to well lit areas, but country roads they're on nonstop. But people do tend to get pissed and flash you, because they aren't aware of the law.

+1 but illinois cops are @$$ holes haha and most try to ticket for whatever they can.... at least around the peoria, central illinois area.....

Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Official CBRF Welcome Crew Undercover Agent

Keeping your headlights on high beam while there's oncoming traffic is inconsiderate, and potentially dangerous. All you need is for some drunk, or senior citizen with poor night vision to fixate on them, and run right into you.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:48 PM

Go with HID in your low beam and all of your problems will go away.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Both Headlights on at the same time?