F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Alternative to pricey rearsets..

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alternative to pricey rearsets..

I can't take credit for this idea, which I saw somewhere in the past. Here is my own solution.

I was touching my boots down frequently at my first track outing on my '02 F4i, despite having racetech-ed the fork springs and raised the rear ride height with shims at the shock mount. Despite getting clear out on the toes of my boots on the pegs, I was wearing into the sliders and the soles with the stock foot pegs.

With just a bit of appx. 3/8" thick aluminum stock and some metric cap screws from the local hardware I saved a bunch of bucks and ended up getting my pegs about 1 1/8 back and 1 1/2 higher up. Pretty simple, too. I did make a false start, trying to go too long with the bottom plate and trying to use shims, washers and fancy 'Z-brackets'...Second time around, everything works slick...

I used one longer cap screw where the stock bracket attaches through a small spacer I fabricated from 3/8" aluminum plate. This goes behind the upper bracket mount hole to match with the link I used to rotate the whole footpeg assembly upward and move the lower corner rearward.

I also put a nylock nut behind the link, threading it onto the original peg mounting bolt as it protrudes through my 'rearset' plate.

Same thing on the brake side. The shifter linkage rod could be a little longer...it is a bit 'thin' on threads as is...I will get to that.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

Honda CBR F4 F4i Silver Rear Set Riser Plates Rearset

Same idea as yours. They come with an extender for the shift rod, reasonable price too.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:01 PM

Maybe that's where I saw the idea......Ten times as much as I spent, though, there on Ebay...... you do get the shift rod extender....

I am now looking for a shift 'lever' to fit onto the stock spline...one that extends outward a little more and is slightly longer than the original ...so I can swap over to GP shift pattern.
Anyone know of one that is configured like that?

Old 06-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

Well I have pricy rearsets and they are GP shift, but you might be able to addapt the woodcraft ones to work or find some adjustable shift levers. You might be able to do it with just a longer shift rod though.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts

There was a thread recently about using a CRF lever or something similar to turn stockers into GP shift, might help ya.