F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Akrapovic slip on need clamp on '01

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 08:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Akrapovic slip on need clamp on '01

Yup, its mounted exactly the same as your pics, the hanger, and the spring are exactly the same.
the silencer to link pipe as you refered to it is rock solid. It is the connection to the header
that is the problem I think. The pipe slides right over the header, very little resistance.

thats why I thought it must need a gasket or clamp. If I have to I will clamp it, but
I would prefer to find out why it is not fitting like it should.

this picture shows an extrea piece Im not sure my bike has:
https://cbrforum.com/upfiles/8157/05...11507E0D13.jpg

inbetween the pipe and the actual header, there is a 1/8" black "spacer". I dont remember
my header having that. althougth they are different yearbikes, I think they have the same headers.
Mine is an '01, and it is a replacement header off ebay. supposed to have been an '01-'02.(i cant remeber exactly)
It bolted right up with absolutely no problems, and looked just like my old one. When I get back home
tommorow I will double check to see if I have that" 'Spacer" thing.

I really doubt that is the problem, but now this is really buggin me because I know its not right.

Old 03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Akrapovic slip on need clamp on '01

I'm not sure that that "spacer" is anything. I don't recall it being a seperate piece. I think it's just a flange in the header. I doubt it comes off. My link pipe is a slightly looser fit. I think it sounds the same as yours. I doubt that much gas/noise would escape because there's not a lot of back pressure from the silencer.