F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Accident...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just want to get my gf's car fixed back up...not in it to screw anyone over...lol

when i get it fixed, will they give the money to me? Or repair shop directly? idk, ive never been in an accident

Old 11-07-2010, 01:34 AM

up to you. you can specify how the insurance company disperses the funds. straight to the shop or to you. used to be able to keep a few bucks here or there but it has since changed.

seriously tho, you're not screwing anyone out of anything. they probably have insurance, of which you will reap the benefits. if they don't carry any, the attorney will say so and they won't be able to help you.

regardless, you're young and an intelligent fellow, a few thousand bucks wouldn't hurt. looks like a significant pop, so any decent attorney with the bare minimum policy available can net you $4k-6k easily.

get yourself checked out just in case, and let me know if you need any help, i work in the business...sadly

Old 11-07-2010, 01:56 AM

yea i mean your not gunna make a grip load but it ll be a few bucks. i work in an auto shop so becareful if you tell them its an insurance job cause all they see are $$! so if you can take it to a good Repituable shop near you and have the insurance pay you and you pay the shop. its a bit of a headace at time but do your research and it ll pay off in the end

Old 11-07-2010, 09:50 AM

You can take the car back to the dealer and they will do the repairs as well through the insurance company. Whatever you do, make sure they fix it correctly, and don't accept it if it isn't up to the standards it was at before.

Very glad you're ok though. I think the moral of the story is you should buy a big boss SUV.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Whatever you do, make sure they fix it correctly, and don't accept it if it isn't up to the standards it was at before.

Very glad you're ok though. I think the moral of the story is you should buy a big boss SUV.
True that! And i think i need a handicap hanger and a watch for motorcycles sticker too....what it really means is watch out for ME in my big *** truck..ha...lol

I think im going to go the insurance pays me money, i pay repair shop route. If i make a few in the process i wont mind either.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:44 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dam, man... sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well. I had a bish hit me once and the cvnt didn't even have insurance.

Only consolation is that I absolutely f'd her new car up. I mean bad.

And yeah, I'd probably get the insurance estimate money too. I got backed into once and went straight to the insurance company's "preferred" repair shop once and they did a chit job. (they didn't even do half of what they were supposed to do). They already had their money from the insurance beforehand so I had to complain and couldn't get anywhere. Big pita.

Old 11-07-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Made about a grand getting my mom's car fixed once. Insurance company originally wanted to total it for front end damage. Asked what the max amount would be before totalling it out and to cut me a check.

Went to the local Pick-A-Part and found a completely undamaged front clip with the same factory paint as my mom's car for $100 and had that delivered to the shop that did the work. I took the car back to the insurance company so they could inspect it and the guy was like "I didn't give you enough to buy a brand new car!". I pocketed the money their 'Preferred Shop' would have spent on overcharging for parts they found at the local Pick-A-Part

Old 11-09-2010, 07:15 AM

A very similar thing happened to me. I was rearended in my gf's 08 Mazda 3. We did everything through insurance. The bitch of it all was that the insurance company was drilling me, making sure I had permission to drive her car while she was in California(We live in Connecticut); We took her car to drop her off at the airport, I was driving home after work. It took about a month and a half to get insurance company to pay the dealer so we can get the car fixed.

Glad your ok, this is a perfect example why everyone on their bike should always be alert of all your surroundings.