CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Accident... (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/accident-118405/)

redzintimidator 11-05-2010 08:50 PM

Accident...

Yea, now you can stop holding your breath, not on the bike...today was raining and im lucky for that fact.

Ok, today i went to a potential employers site visit. Im a senior Electrical Engineering Student and im up for anything that will get a foot in the door. So it was cold and raining at 9am this morning, so i wanted my girlfriends heated seats in her car, so thats what i took. A 2008 altima coupe, instead of my 1999 saturn.

So anyways, the meeting goes great. Me and my friend leave in our cars. There is a split up ahead that is always jammed up with cars. I slow down and stop behind the car inhead of me. I keep looking in my rear view mirror(habitual from riding a bike) and see this huge a%$ suburban coming at me quick. keep watching, it isnt slowing down. Then about 20 feet from me i see the nose of the truck dive...hard braking. Continue watching it in the mirror...gritting my teeth because im unable to move out of the way( im on a bridge at the time...traffic flying by me in the other lane)
Anyways, its coming i see its going to be close. Time must have slowed wayyy down because i remember the truck stopping, THEN i hear the crunch.:icon_doh::icon_doh::icon_doh: MO^!3R F*#&3R!!!!

So i pull off up ahead to get out of traffic and assess the damage. Well, this little old handicapped lady with the suburban has a brush rack thing on the front of it. Plus 6000lb truck vs 2500lb car...
here i am thinking how to explain it to my girlfriend... I call 911, police on the way, tell her to stay in her vehicle so she doesnt get hit trying to get her walker out of the back...take pictures and wait for police to arrive.

We move down to a hotel lot to be further out of the way, i record my conversation with the lady and get her to admit fault just in case. Police writes it up, she gets a ticket, fault, and the officer says her insurance will cover everything, including a rental car for my girlfriend.

So, heres the kicker. One of her bumperstickers is one of those "WATCH! Motorcycles are everywhere" deals.... If i was on my bike and did not ditch it and jump to the curb i would be either dead, or very critically injured probably losing my legs from that damned brush bar.

Heres damage pics cause thats why were all here:icon_wink::icon_wink:
https://lh4.ggpht.com/_eAGqfR6FyjY/T.../IMG_0380r.jpg

And oh look, i ruined her license plate cover..dam thats gonna cost her.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_eAGqfR6FyjY/TN.../IMG_0388r.jpg

TLDR: Got rearended in car if on bike prolly dead heres pics. ...lol

Kuroshio 11-05-2010 08:54 PM

Well your ok and it wasn't your fault. So your girlfriend will prolly go all kissy on you instead of psycho sushi chef if it were your fault.

Least that's how mine would react :)

Turbulenz 11-05-2010 08:56 PM

Wow... glad you are okay.. was slick down here too..

NateDieselF4i 11-05-2010 08:57 PM

Well at least you weren't on your bike like you said.

Glad you're ok.

John Cu 11-05-2010 09:13 PM

You should hit that woman on the face!!!! Seriously like you said, she could kill someone!!! I'm Glad you are ok.....

nickp123 11-06-2010 02:52 AM

Yeah Ive been in waaaay too many accidents like this unfortunately (in other peoples cars, never been in one when ive been driving) Im always staring in my rearview when Im stopped and people are coming behind me. I always have somewhat of a plan on how to react if i have to. When im on the bike im always staring back everytime ready to pull off in either direction if i have to. Thank god you werent on yours that looks like itd cause some serious damage to you. If you were though itd probably be easier to have gotten out of the way...or at least easier to get your body out of the way. Like they say...its not yourself you have to worry about, its other drivers you have to worry about.

iMac 11-06-2010 07:36 PM

its funny you said the whole because of riding a bike thing, earlier this week i was almost in the same kind of accident except i drive a civic hatch so it probably would have turned into a cube, anyways traffic was moving fine then all of the sudden the 5 cars in front of me lock up there breaks and from constantly looking at my surroundings i remembered there was a big ass suburban behind me but i also remembered that there was a open spot in the lane next to me and at the very last second i looked over and swerved and barely missed the car in front of me and the dumbass in the SUV behind me flew off the side of the road and luckily didnt injure anyone.

heyitsmelam 11-06-2010 11:37 PM

lawyer up

NateDieselF4i 11-06-2010 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by heyitsmelam (Post 985201)
lawyer up

Ah yes... the American way :icon_bike:

demon87 11-06-2010 11:46 PM

that suck... but glad your okay and went on your bike! but hey look at it this way it wasnt your fault so you ll get some $$$$ out of it with a good lawyer and some luck lol