F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2006 f4i problem

Old 10-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 f4i problem

Hi,

I am having problems with my 2006 CBR600F4i. I bought it new in July of 2006. In September after the 500 mile run in, I got a lo-jack and alarm (Scorpio SR-i500) installed. I installed the alarm myself, a simple matter of connecting it to the battery.

In April of 2007, just before it was due its 4000 mile service my FI light came on so I brought it into a Honda dealer on the Apr-17-2007 for them to check out the problem and do the 4000 mile service.

The error code indicated a faulty MAP sensor so it was replaced. A few days later the FI light came on again and I brought it back to the dealer. They kept the bike for a week and did test after test in cooperation with Honda Tech Support. They finally replaced the MAP sensor again and said the problem was solved.

Once again a few days later the FI light came on again. This time however Honda decided it was the alarm or lo-jack causing the problem. Honda refused to work any more on the bike until the alarm and lo-jack were removed and had a 'stock' bike.I spoke to Scorpio and lo-jack to see if there are any reported problems with CBR600F4i's and their products;the answer of course was no.

At the beginning of September I removed the alarm. Of course the FI light problem did not go away. I handed the bike into the Honda dealer on September 15th so they could remove the lo-jack (they are authorised lo-jack dealers) and test the bike. They said they would drive the bike extensively and see if the FI light would come on. As the problem usually occurs during a cold start I instructed them not to rev the bike when starting it. I came back from vacation on Sep 29th and I collected my bike. They drove it for only 57 miles and said there were not any problems. I had to pay $183 for removing the lo-jack before I could have my bike. The lo-jack meantime was connected to a battery in their workshop. I asked if this was standard for lo-jack and they replied they had contacted lo-jack and it was okay. However, I contacted lo-jack and they do not have any record of the removal of my lo-jack.

Two days after I got the bike (Sep 30th) the FI light came on when I started it (after riding about an additional 50 miles). I used the bike the following morning to commute to and from work and it behaved fine. However, when I returned from work Iturned offthe bike so I could move my car; to allow me to park the bike. I got on the bike a few minuteslater to start it and the bike was dead; the battery seemed fine as the running lights etc were all okay. After the bike did its start up test the the N (neutral gear) and FI light remained on and the bike madea whining clicking noise.

I called the dealer totow the bike. After 3 days I called and they told me the battery was dead. They did see the FI light when they jump started it but think the low voltage in the battery may have been the cause. The alternator is okay, so they want me to take the bike back and see what happens.

Throughout this whole disaster I have also been in contact with Honda Customer Service, who I must say are most distrustful and unhelpful.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2006 f4i problem

damn dude. sounds like you need to go back to the honda dealer and bitch them the **** out. maybe you could have the low jack dealer call you back while you're there and say they're on the p hone w/ith you and have no records of it being removed. will unplugging the battery and plugging it back in reset it so you can at least ride?