F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

New mods - CF Yoshi Pipe + CF DB Windscreen!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New mods - CF Yoshi Pipe + CF DB Windscreen!!!

Hey guys, I'm proudly bragging about my new CF Yoshi RS-3 Pipe and CF Puig Double Bubble Windscreen! I just got them delivered today and installed them right away after opening up all the packaging. The windscreen was an easy install, just kind of a PITA shoving in the rubber grommets from the stock screen into the new one. Installation of the CF Yoshi pipe was also pretty simple, no difficulties worth mentioning. I drilled the hole through the end of my header for that rivet that comes with the pipe, I don't know how necessary that was though, the pipe seemed relatively stable as it was, but I decided to just follow the instructions and do it anyway. I ordered the Race pipe, but it still had some sort of insert in the pipe but I easily removed that by unscrewing two bolts. I guess all the yoshi pipes come with this insert and you can remove it as you wish, so there probably isn't a difference between the "zyclone" and the "race" version of the pipes, just marketing schemes (I may be wrong, maybe the zyclones are packed differently, not sure...). I didn't really like how after removing this insert there was just the two gaping holes from the screws and nothing else, I would have preferred for there to be no insert at all and a smooth wall inside the pipe at the tip, but what can ya do. I turned the bike on and rode around the complex for a few rounds and boy did it sound mean as hell, a HUGE improvement in sound from the ugly stock can. I've yet to test it out at higher RPM's and actually riding on the street though so I'll post again with my experience when I go out for a ride some time tomorrow. I'll also comment on the effectiveness of the double bubble screen in comparison to the stock and how it helps in the deflection of the wind. Anyway that's it for now, just thought I'd share/brag about my new lil mods. Now I'm just waiting on my Artfibras black undertail to come in so I can get rid of the rusting metal bracket I made as a temporary fender eliminator. When I get the undertail installed I'll take some pics and post them.

Now I'm just debating whether to dish out a few more hundred for a CF Front fender, Chain guard, mirrors and ram air intake covers...maybe a little later though, I'm kinda broke now after these purchases [8D]

-Marko

Old 10-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Default RE: New mods - CF Yoshi Pipe + CF DB Windscreen!!!

Congrats on the upgrades. Now let's see some pics!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:55 AM
February 2009 ROTM

Let's see some pictures

Old 10-05-2007, 12:14 PM

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 10-05-2007, 03:46 PM

Totally right, like I said when I install my undertail in a week or so, I'll update this thread with some pics of my bike. Just wanted to give you guys a lil review so far of the Yoshi pipe and the windscreen.