F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2003 CBR F4i no power at WOT/top end & bad idle

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also check to make sure your fuel line is not kinked when you put the tank down on the bike.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:41 PM

I finally caved and took it to another shop, basically the Honda dealer in my town. They kept it for about 3 months and looked at it after I barraged them with phone calls. They said it was throwing codes, which wasn't the case when I gave it to them. They also said the timing was correct but that I had a few loose vacuum lines. Not sure which ones, I had my brother pick my bike up when I was at work. The shop also said my PCIII had a map that wasn't needed for my setup, which is a slip on Yoshi and K&N. So they removed that map and put it all back together. Runs great now. They were going to charge me $578 for it but I bitched them down to $278 because I took it to them for diagnoses, not repair, plus they kept it for 3 months!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:24 PM

Actually, my brother just sent me the details on the invoice. What had happened mainly it seems was the PCIII shorted out the ground for the TPS and so they disconnected it and plugged a couple vacuum lines. So I've got a PCIII unplugged. Not a real "fix"

Old 02-05-2013, 06:07 PM

so the power commander and its wiring is not bad? and you mean they connected the vacuum lines right?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:22 PM

I'm not sure whats up. I believe there is a short somewhere on the bike and I have to repair it. They plugged the vacuum lines, I'm not sure which ones. The invoice isn't really clear.

Old 02-17-2013, 05:41 PM

Just updating some info here. About a week or two out and my CBR has again started dying at idle. So, it was idliing pretty low when I got it back from Ramsey Waite, probably around 700 RPM or less. Power is again gone, so, I'm taking it back to them to check out and hopefully repair for certain. I can't stand having an operating bike for a week and then... crap. I'll update if the bike situation clears.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no. he's talking about the vacuum lines, which I also suspect is the problem. double check the ordering of your vacuum hoses.

Originally Posted by daetok
You're talking about the diaphram inside the FPR correct? Because I've already replaced my FPR and it made no difference.

FYI: if your cam was off by 1 tooth, then your bike most likely wouldn't have started due to insufficient compression. also, the comment regarding premature ignition should be disregarded.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 AM

adjust ur idle to 1.3k rpm

Old 02-25-2013, 12:20 PM

Well I gave my bike back to Ramsey Waite, I called today to ask how much they charge for TB sync. If its astrinomical than I'll just build myself a meter and do it myself. I really hope its just an annoying vacuum issue and having to sort out the shorted electrical line is going to be tons of fun as well

Old 02-25-2013, 10:11 PM

can you describe how your bike's rpm get so low where it dies? is it when the bike warms up to 200+ F?

also check to see if the wires of the Pulse..something..generator is damaged. It's the wires coming out of the clutch clover on the side with the oil window.

Quick Reply: 2003 CBR F4i no power at WOT/top end & bad idle