F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

2001 600F4i maintenance/upgrades...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevwa451
Yeah 80 bucks a tire is absurd. My local shop does it for about 20 bucks and half the time the techs will stop what they're doing and do it when you bring them in. I've watched them do mine more than once, doesn't take that long. And rotella is a good choice. I've been using it in my bike for 10k miles now with 0 problems. It's usually still got some of its gold tint left when I change it at 3,000 miles. Hell I use the stuff in my 2011 WRX, can't beat it for the price and how good of oil it actually is.
yea its my first time using it, the cbr is running great of course it was filled with thick black sludge which used to be oil so anything is greater than that, but everything just smoothed over once i fed the cbr rotella even the idle after start up smoothed out and levels out rather quickly...dont get me started on how smooth and responsive the engine is now after ROTELLA

Old 02-19-2013, 09:13 AM

Lookin like your gunna have to do it yourself man... use soap and water... once its on hose it down to and rub with your hand to make sure the soap is off

Old 02-20-2013, 10:53 PM

ok through word of mouth i was referred to a local guy who works on bikes and is able to change out my tires for me. so i called him at about 6:30 pm he tells me to come to his house at 8:00p i get there at 8:45. Im thinking this is gonna be some low budget worry about your safety type job he will offer which i didnt want...but low and behold he opened his garage door and it was like a mini shop complete with a hydraulic lift just for motorcycles....he puts my bike on lift i tell him i want to replace the front and rear tire he says no prob. i ask him how much he says 40 for each....the shop wanted 80 for each tire! I was sold, 40 mins later my bike was grippin the ground like its supposed to, he did a great job. he said he also specializes in custom work and fabrication and pretty much anything else you may want to do or know about your bike he can do it at least thats what he told me...and if you seen his garage/shop you wouldnt hesitate to think so also. so if you live in VA especially Hampton Roads area P.M. me i will be more than happy to give you info on getting access to this guy. You cant beat having someone install your tires at 9:00 at night and charge you for half the price the big boys charge to do the same job, and get the same results

Old 02-21-2013, 09:01 AM

Rite on man glad to hear it... See look around ask a lot of people and someone will know a garage mechanic that'll hook you up... Now you've got a guy you can continue to go back to and know your not gettin bent over

Old 02-21-2013, 05:42 PM

new tires feel great took it slow at first since they brand spanking new, now they are broke in....now back to suspension lol. this sunday im prob gonna start playing with the suspension I looked at it today and I think the rear is set all the way on soft..while the front isn't, which explains why the front end seems like it wants to flip up while the back seems real low when accelerating so. Im gonna try to stiffen rear suspension to even out bikes suspension. ill let you guys know how it turns out if you got any suggestions throw em at me