03 600rr - 10k miles maintenance and upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 600rr - 10k miles maintenance and upgrades?

My bike just rolled over 10000, which means i've put on 3300 miles since june 7th (thats 1320 per month, 15840 per year). And, now that i'll be commuting 40 miles to school every other day, i need to make sure the maintenance is up to date, because i won't have any time to do it during the semester. Anyway, i'm due for an oil change, so when i do that, i'd like to do whatever other maintenance might be necessary at that point. Here's what comes to mind. if i leave anything out or include anything unnecessary, let me know. otherwise, maybe just tell me what to watch out for, helpful tips, etc.

Oil change (scots billet oil filter? repsol? amsoil?)
Coolant flush
Fork fluid (i'm buying some 06 inverted forks, so no maintenance there, provided they swap easily)
Brake fluid (forks come w/ complete brakes, so no maintenance there)
Air filter (bbc? k&n? oem?)
Spark plugs
Valve adjustment (need lots of help with this one)
Regular chain maintenance (anything better to use than castrol chain wax? that stuff slings off like crazy)
Both tires (any word on the power 2ct's? keep in mind i commute AND ride twisties)

also, if any of you have done the 06 inverted fork swap, please let me know what to watch out for, what's compatible and what needs to come from the 06, etc (axle, rotors, upper triple clamp, fender, et al). if anybody's done a valve adjustment on this motor, maybe clue me in on stuff to watch out for. i've got the factory service manual, but it's been unclear before. thanks in advance!

- Bryan