F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

No start, just click, roll starts perfect

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a good starter solenoid on it and still nothing. Still only 6.5 volts on the starter side of the solenoid. Still has the same Fing click. Im about to push the bitch down the hill into the lake.lol.My next move is to try my friends battery on his bike.what other ground are there on the bike other than the starter?

Old 08-20-2011, 11:46 AM

Anybody have any ideas? If the battery isnt it then im leaning toward the starting switch or bad battery wires.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok, so I'm still asking my question from page 1. Can you take a jumper cable run from the positive battery terminal and touch it to the positive lug on the starter and make the starter work? This tells you a lot about the condition of the starter, while bypassing all of the other stuff. At least find out if the starter works, while installed on the bike, before screwing with everything else.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by adrenalnjunky
Ok, so I'm still asking my question from page 1. Can you take a jumper cable run from the positive battery terminal and touch it to the positive lug on the starter and make the starter work? This tells you a lot about the condition of the starter, while bypassing all of the other stuff. At least find out if the starter works, while installed on the bike, before screwing with everything else.
yeah but if the grounds bad its still not going to work. What I did with my bike that helped was crimp two ring terminals to some 8g wire attached one end to the neg. battery cable and the other to the chassis/frame (w.e u want to call it) ground near the r/r. You'd have to drill like a 3/8" hole through the plastic battery housing of course.

Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coldflood
yeah but if the grounds bad its still not going to work. What I did with my bike that helped was crimp two ring terminals to some 8g wire attached one end to the neg. battery cable and the other to the chassis/frame (w.e u want to call it) ground near the r/r. You'd have to drill like a 3/8" hole through the plastic battery housing of course.
I agree, but you can't test a ground, without putting power to something that should be grounded. First step is get a clean run of power to the starter and then work from there.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:34 PM

So I've got the same (or at least similar) problem on my bike and wonder if this issue was fixed and what it was. Did you ever get you're bike back up?