F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Couple random questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple random questions

I have a few quick questions about my 94 cbr f2.

First, Under my cyl 1 carb, i have the nipple that goes to my vacuum operated petcock. Which is connected.

But then, On Cyl 2 i also have another nipple coming out, What does this one go to?

Secondly, on my reg/rec. i have no connector. SO i need to know where each of my wires go.
I was told that the yellow wires dont matter as long as there on the bottom row...and then im not sure which wire goes to which of the two top spaces on the reg/rec.
So if anyone knows here the wires go that would be great.

Thirdly, I have what i believe to be an airtech tail. But i am not sure. I'll have pics tomorrow and it would be great if someone could identify it and knew if the stock f2 seat is supposed to work with it.

Thanks for the help!

Old 04-18-2010, 11:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There should be plugs on the nipples under cyl #2,3,4... Those nipples are used to measure vacuum when synchronizing the carbs.

As for question #2, there's a wiring diagram at the top of this forum section... If that doesn't help hopefully somebody with the stock R/R can get a picture for you.

I'll stand by for pictures for #3.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 AM
Banned

Can you find a picture and photoshop some circles into that ****? I'd love a good write up on this. I got carb balancing tools, I just gotta figure out where to set it up and to get it all going and what not!

If you get me the proper info, I'll make a proper video and picture walkthrough of how to do it. I'll also do one for valve adjusts at the same time, as that'll make my motor all kinds of friggen gangster!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Sand.Man
There should be plugs on the nipples under cyl #2,3,4... Those nipples are used to measure vacuum when synchronizing the carbs.

As for question #2, there's a wiring diagram at the top of this forum section... If that doesn't help hopefully somebody with the stock R/R can get a picture for you.

I'll stand by for pictures for #3.
Thanks for the answers sand man. I knew that there should be plugs in instead of nipples under the carbs for synchronizing the carbs, but is there a reason that there is a nipple installed under the #2 carb though? or can it be removed and plugged with a screw?

I looked at that thread before but i dont see anything about where the actual wires go on the R/R. Just where the new R/R wires would go on the stock wiring harness.

And heres pics of the tail.

Attached Thumbnails Couple random questions-img00559.jpg   Couple random questions-img00561.jpg   Couple random questions-img00562.jpg   Couple random questions-img00433.jpg  
Old 04-19-2010, 09:40 PM

Sorry the pics are pretty crappy. I couldnt get around to it during the day so i set up my work lights and took pics.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:15 PM

I do believe the stock seat slides into that tail.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:50 PM

How?

Ive been trying to figure it out but it just doesn't line up right at all. The passenger part of the seat looks like it needs to be up about another 2 inches to sit on the tail correctly.

Old 04-19-2010, 10:58 PM

I just took another look at your pictures, it looks like somebody has done a hack-job on the tail.

The passenger seat is supposed to be completely covered such as this picture here:

The stock seat is underneath that tail. (And the picture is an airtech tail)

Old 04-20-2010, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Sand.Man
I just took another look at your pictures, it looks like somebody has done a hack-job on the tail.

The passenger seat is supposed to be completely covered such as this picture here:

The stock seat is underneath that tail. (And the picture is an airtech tail)
i hate to say it but hes totally right. Why would anyone do that? They could easily sell the race tail buy new rears and walk away with a pretty penny in their pocket.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:55 AM

Thats exactly what i thought...was just hoping otherwise.

Oh well, Guess i'll be finding a different newer tail section. This one was pretty beat anyways and would have needed a lot of attention to make it look decent.

Thanks for the help guys.