F2 Tech Tech Subsection (for any mechanical, repair, and DIY threads)

Bad battery, or in need of a new WH

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad battery, or in need of a new WH

Ok so here is the delima, my F2 is in good shape nothing special. Replaced a new R/R and even a new stator, so i know its neither of these problems. Most of the time the bike will start and run fine no problems, but then sometimes i will go to start it and it will click, and lose power... the lights will come back on, and repeat it self every time i go to start it.

In order for the bike to start i need to bend the Positive cable at weird angles till it starts than holds. The cable itself has some green corrosion or something around it and the actual batter nipple has the same, but with some white/black mixed into it. Also sometimes, the bike will be on low charge and wont be able to start, but after a few hours on the trickle charger, it runs fine. Also it gets a lot hotter under the seat than it normally did since the new season...

Im pretty sure im going to need a new battery but i would like others opinions on what it might be. Thanks ahead of time.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well first off, I'd clean the battery terminals and the postive and negative battery wire connectors where they connect to your battery to make sure theyre getting a good connection. Secondly, I would replace the wire that you have to "bend at weird angles" to be able to get a good connection, Most likely that wire is corroded and breaking on the inside under the rubber.

After doing that, If you still have issues with your battery holding a charge, Also replace that.

But it soundes liek you just need to clean it up and get a new positive terminal wire.