Drag Racing Raced a guy from a light? Been to a night at the track?? Tell your story here.

Stunt, Wheelie Competition, Drag Race

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stunt, Wheelie Competition, Drag Race

Midnight Madness: Light Weight Shootout

Theme: Dedicated to light cars, this will be the definitive race proclaiming if the existing champion, Honda Civics, can hold onto its reign as the light weight champion or will an ever present light weight class of vehicles led by Turbo Eclipses and Neon SRT-4s overthrow the current champ?

As with every themed event there will be three finals, for this September 1st Midnight Madness there will be one for the lightweight vehicles, one for general vehicles (any street car can run no matter weight and size), and one for the bikes. Once again, NO MATTER WHAT YOUR WEIGHT WE WILL STILL HAVE A FINALS FOR YOU TO RUN IN!
As with every MM event, motorcycles will be allowed to stunt down the track and we will have the fastest wheelie competition.
Rules for the Lightweight shootout: Entry into the lightweight shootout is a maximum weight of 3200 pounds with driver. We will be starting the finals an hour earlier to accommodate the demand; 12am for the finals. Therefore the lanes will be shutting down around 11:30pm in preparation for the finals.
If time permits after the finals we will run in the test and tune format again.

Date: September 1, Friday
Schedule:
9pm-11:30pm open test and tune/grudge matches
12am-2am: The 3 separate Finals (Lightweight, General, Motorcycles)
Price: $5 to watch, $10 to Race

The track will be open between 5-9pm at regular rates and the discounted rates start at 9pm.

Bryan Harrison’s Resignation

To extinguish any rumors before they may start, this Friday will in fact be my last day with US131 Motorsports Park. The reason for my resignation is health related as I am going to NYC to seek medical diagnosis and treatment for a Transient Ischemic Attack (T.I.A. - mini stroke) and a blown blood vessel in my head that occured while Powerlifting back on May 1st (still suffer from constant episodes). Based on the outcome of the diagnosis and treatment will denote whether I will be able to move back to Michigan to work for US131 again. As I undergo diagnosis and treatment, my time will be dually spent on working with US131 in consulting position helping them to design next years racing series’ and schedule and pursuing a unique opportunity for my team to race in the NDRA Pro 4 cylinder class ( www.zerotogoneracing.com ). I will be retaining my US131 e-mail address ( bryan@us131motorsportspark.com ) and look forward to obtaining your constructive feedback in regards to what worked and did not work this year and what direction you would like the track to go towards, be it midnight madness, street car nationals, heads-up, battle of the bikes, bracket series, etc.

Although I worked on all the different racing series at the track, as it pertains to the context of this email, Midnight Madness (MM); I would like to thank all of the racers and spectators for taking a struggling series and with your support, constructive comments, and help turn it into the premier street legal series in Michigan.

Very few people can understand let alone appreciate the strong passion for motorsports the street scene has. With the majority of the MM racers unable to afford an additional race car besides their daily drivers they’ll spend their whole pay check and run themselves into credit card debt to bolt on performance parts to quench their need for speed. With these same daily driven cars acting as a lifeline to the racer taking them to work, college, and the store they’ll also run it down the 1320. These same drivers race down the quarter mile fully aware that if something breaks on the track, which happens all too often, that their only source of transportation is gone, yet they still take the chance. These are the same people that will fuel the next generation of motorsports, no different than Christian Rado taking what was thought to be a daily driven 15 second Acura Integra ricer mobile and through “trial and break