^nuff sed
i did, n well i hav fallen twice

Old 07-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What caused you to fall off twice?

Old 07-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
It's not an argument you can win with me. You might as well be saying anyone can learn to ride a motorcycle (not consider engine size at all). And that's patently false. Some people just aren't meant for 2 wheels.

The bigger the engine, the fewer the people that can hop on and successfully ride with no bike experience. Just because you and the guys you taught did it is ignoring your own natural abilities (control, balance, awareness, self-restraint). And with the guys you taught: you.

I've never seen anyone complain about being told they're better than most people

I just purchased my first bike (954rr) last week. People have told me to start with a 250, 300, 450, mayyyybe a 600cc bike. I think it's BS (for myself that is). Self-restraint is THE major key to staying safe, in my opinion. I just didn't want to go through so many bikes to work my way up to a 954, would cost me too much. a bike is a bike, yes some are heavier and more difficult to ride for a beginner, and this is why i chose the 954.

I have self restraint, and I think having this ability will keep me from getting into trouble. I respect my bike, I know it's fast and I know what can happen if i abuse it.

if you have control over your ego, and want to live as long as you can, then go for it! get a 954, you won't be disappointed.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrShultz
I just purchased my first bike (954rr) last week. People have told me to start with a 250, 300, 450, mayyyybe a 600cc bike. I think it's BS (for myself that is). Self-restraint is THE major key to staying safe, in my opinion. I just didn't want to go through so many bikes to work my way up to a 954, would cost me too much. a bike is a bike, yes some are heavier and more difficult to ride for a beginner, and this is why i chose the 954.

I have self restraint, and I think having this ability will keep me from getting into trouble. I respect my bike, I know it's fast and I know what can happen if i abuse it.

if you have control over your ego, and want to live as long as you can, then go for it! get a 954, you won't be disappointed.
From the Hurt Report
  • In the single vehicle accidents, motorcycle rider error was present as the accident precipitating factor in about two-thirds of the cases, with the typical error being a slide-out and fall due to overbraking or running wide on a curve due to excess speed or under-cornering.
  • The median pre-crash speed was 29.8 mph, and the median crash speed was 21.5 mph, and the one-in-a-thousand crash speed is approximately 86 mph.
It's not just about being able to control the ego. 30 mph is hardly going WOT (unless they did it 2 feet in front of a brick wall). Its about knowing how to and being able to control the bike. Bikes with bigger engines are less forgiving of smaller mistakes.

And a new rider with zero experience riding a motorcycle is going to make plenty of mistakes.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:23 AM

when i was 18 i had a f4 for only 3 weeks got rear ended.one year later i got my 954 7.1/2 months ago and and i haveint crashed and died yet lol

i think it needs more power. if it aint scarring me i aint having fun haha
next is a turbo 954 now that will be fun

Old 07-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by MrShultz

LOL! i didnt know this was a comedy forum, quit kidding around though!! we dont want people getting false information and actually listening to it cuz theyre stupid............... wait a minute....... oooohboy....

Old 07-26-2010, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would start on a smaller bike myself vs a 954. Not only are smaller bikes forgiving yet your still learning everything around you. Experience is the key for anything. I wouldn't give somebody a z06 with 500hp and let them go to town. I would rather have them start off something small like a focus or a mustang. That way they will understand and start to figure out there elements around them. I have seen people go to big on cars and bikes and wow did it end up bad.

Old 07-26-2010, 06:25 PM

The 954 is a great bike as said above i love them its all about personal choice i learned on a smaller bike and went down bad and learned but now i have a 929 and two 954 and still around to cause havoc and i wont ride anything other just be smart about it, and for 3500 or the trade if you have ridin before and are comfortable i would say go for it

Old 07-28-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
From the Hurt Report

In the single vehicle accidents, motorcycle rider error was present as the accident precipitating factor in about two-thirds of the cases, with the typical error being a slide-out and fall due to overbraking or running wide on a curve due to excess speed or under-cornering.
The median pre-crash speed was 29.8 mph, and the median crash speed was 21.5 mph, and the one-in-a-thousand crash speed is approximately 86 mph.
just goes to show that it doesn't take 954, 1000, 1300 hayabusa to get into trouble. you can wipe out on a 125cc scooter.

it's all about the rider, not the bike. 600cc cbrs are fast bikes, definitely more than any regular joe needs on the road, but yet some riders say start on a 600, but not anything higher. It's been about a week now and i still haven't taken the bike on any highways, just riding it on the main streets and side roads to get comfortable with the bike. some people may not be as careful, but I like to limit my risks until i feel more confident.

awesome bike though! i just love everything about it.