Old 07-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quickest Wreck

that sucks budaman... heal up bro.

2006 cbr1kr red/black( first bike ever)

Old 08-01-2007, 09:12 PM

yeah, pretty much just whellied over backwards, two and a half times.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PHXf4i

time for an 07 600rr!
hell yeah

Old 08-01-2007, 10:26 PM

28 December 2003 bought a 2004 Shadow Aero and rode 11,200 miles with one accident. Single vehicle accident from a patch of ice, dented the tank and scuffed the exhaust, air breather, and assorted minor scrapes.

1 June 2007 I bought a 2007 CBR 600RR and put 800 miles on it until on 13 June I was taking a steep corner at 65 mph. Instead of looking where I wanted to go, my eyes looked a split second too long at the danger area, the lack of a guard rail and blue sky beyond the curve. I come into the corner at the wrong angle going real fast. I am a noob. I get scared and try to straighten out and stop the bike. After all, that always worked on my cruiser. Never mind the corner wasn't that bad and I am on the best handling sportbike in history. I'm a noob and just want to be straight up and stopped. Again, since I am a noob, I did not want to slam on the breaks because I hear friends talk about loss of front wheel traction in corners or locked front wheels sending the nose over and putting the rider on the pavement in front of and under the flipped bike. I'm a noob after all. I'm too scared to brake to full potential. I am still going to fast when I hit the slender shoulder covered in gravel. Bike loses traction and over the edge I go into the Arizona desert of sand, gravel, rocks, and cacti. Bike goes down quick. I manage to get away from the bike, a low-side thank God. Afraid to put my arms out, I do get flipped a couple of times. The bike skitters over the jagged rocks firing off flakes of plastic, blinkers, insurance paper work, toolkit, rear seat, etc. The bike and I come to a stop 40 feet from the road. The rest is a sorry story of me flagging people down to help with the bike, get a cell phone, and call HRCA, who does not even have me in the system yet.

23 July 2007, the insurance pays Hond Finance who approves a substitution of collateral with my dealer. I shell out $1,500 to the dealer to make up the amount I am upside down on the bike and he furnishes me with a brand new '07 600RR of the same color. We change the VIN on my loan and my insurance policy and life continues on. I have 300 miles on it so far.

Anyway, you beat me by 2 days. However, in accordance with the observation of the above poster, it was not the bike. I have been telling the people on here thinking about new bikes that 600s are actually quite safe. 2 weeks after I totalled mine. My accident was strictly new rider errors. My bike had the handling to pull through the corner. I did not have the skill. My bike had the brakes to get to a stop or close to it. I didn't have the knowledge.

If you think you ultimately want the power of a literbike, I would not shy away from replacing yours with one of the same displacement. Just don't ride it like an idiot. Grow into it slowly. But whatever you do, don't think downgrading to a 600 will save you. You and I both need to grow slowly into our sportbikes, regardless of engine displacement. Now I don't know about you, but I learned a whole heck of a lot from my accident. It won't be repeated. And I certainly won't let it beat me, scare me, or shy me away from performance riding hat I have always wanted to do. You fall off the horse, you get back up on the horse.

Anyway, that's my story. I'm glad you're going to be OK.