CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

my newly found archenemy - << Cold Tires >>

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my newly found archenemy - << Cold Tires >>

Same on the side of the front...I've got my work cut out for me. As long as I remain calm and patient, it should be fine. [sm=alcoholic.gif]

Again, I will keep yas posted.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my newly found archenemy - << Cold Tires >>

Ok, I have finished...and I've been too busy riding to post...sorry. Here are some pics...pics of my X-rays, my friend Todd's '06 RC51, and pics with the Bagster tank cover (I had hoped the color would match better, but no such luck...still a very nice cover with a perfect fit and cheaper than painting. Hell, I'll probably change the color again in a couple years.)

http://picasaweb.google.com/LJY.SecS...eHondaCBR954RR

1) They are just as pretty as in the Ebay pics, but the "ABS" plastic is extremely brittle and I actually found it to be HEAVIER than the stock plastics (?). The paint chips very easily and unless I do a quick homemade clear coat soon, it looks like the stickers are going to come off. It was clear coated in China, but it was very light. The paint scratches very easily, too.

2) I had to drill several holes, which you can see in pics I've previously posted, but the front fairing was the most difficult. I had to have a friend (thanks Alan!) hold it for me while I marked the drill points. Then the "tabs" cracked when I started to put the screws in after drilling, so I repaired the broken "tabs" with JB Weld and applied it to the full circumference of the round tabs.

3) Once the front fairing was mounted (make sure your fairing stay bracket is perfectly straight or this will pi$$ you off to no end), then everything else just bolted right up. It took a few days and a few beers, but it's finished and it looks fairly decent. Ask all the questions you want. I will answer fairly quickly (and again, sorry it took so long).

BOTTOM LINE - If you get them as cheap as I did, you will be happy, or at least content. If you spend close to $1000 by "buying it now" (including shipping), then you will be VERY UNhappy.
Les