CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

high spped on a 954

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: high spped on a 954

well people lets end this thread....some of you had hard feelings about it but i will chill so i hope you do...but you have to admit this thread was fun and all of you read it at least twice....see yall around...

Old 09-28-2007, 10:44 PM

ORIGINAL: joey954rr

well people lets end this thread....some of you had hard feelings about it but i will chill so i hope you do...but you have to admit this thread was fun and all of you read it at least twice....see yall around...
What is this Number 20 on the "Im out of here" count?

Old 09-29-2007, 06:44 AM

ORIGINAL: purpletj

Ok Joey, I don't know you but. Let me knock your *** back to REALITY. With this drastic of a gearing change, I sure hope you installed a Speed-o-healer. Just like stated before, most sport bikes have a 10 to 15% inaccuracy stock. Yes the 954 is a very fast bike, but unless you do something about the aerodynamics and the HP. You will not accomplish no where near 193. By using a gearing calculator I have come up with an additional 10% inaccuracy on top of the 10 to 15% the bike already has. We will just call it20%...So consider this.... When are running 100mph on GPS, you speedometer will actually read around 120 to 125. Lets just say you do run 193 on your speedo, Your actually trap speed will be around the 170 mark. Oh and another thing., If your bike is 2001 and newer. The wonderful government has put a limit on what the bike will show on the speedo. It is 186mph.

SO Goodluck and spend some more money. Maybe you can get there.
the speedometer does not care about the spockets,remove the chain start the engine and put it in gear-you will get a reading!!-stock gearing does produce inaccurate speed readings
changing spockets 1-frt,3+ rear makes it worse,if you change the rear to 4 down the margin of error will improve!!-with the right spocket selection you could probably get the bike go faster then what is seen on the speedometer
the speed sensor is inside the engine/trans-the speedometer is calibrated on a predetermined spocket ratio map,changing spockets changes the ratio map,speedometer readings will be effected either better or worse[sm=proof.gif]

Old 09-29-2007, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: outsider8

Ok Joey, I don't know you but. Let me knock your *** back to REALITY. With this drastic of a gearing change, I sure hope you installed a Speed-o-healer. Just like stated before, most sport bikes have a 10 to 15% inaccuracy stock. Yes the 954 is a very fast bike, but unless you do something about the aerodynamics and the HP. You will not accomplish no where near 193. By using a gearing calculator I have come up with an additional 10% inaccuracy on top of the 10 to 15% the bike already has. We will just call it20%...So consider this.... When are running 100mph on GPS, you speedometer will actually read around 120 to 125. Lets just say you do run 193 on your speedo, Your actually trap speed will be around the 170 mark. Oh and another thing., If your bike is 2001 and newer. The wonderful government has put a limit on what the bike will show on the speedo. It is 186mph.

the speedometer does not care about the spockets,remove the chain start the engine and put it in gear-you will get a reading!!-stock gearing does produce inaccurate speed readings
changing spockets 1-frt,3+ rear makes it worse,if you change the rear to 4 down the margin of error will improve!!-with the right spocket selection you could probably get the bike go faster then what is seen on the speedometer
the speed sensor is inside the engine/trans-the speedometer is calibrated on a predetermined spocket ratio map,changing spockets changes the ratio map,speedometer readings will be effected either better or worse[sm=proof.gif]
i dont know for a fact that this is true but it makes scince to me....oh yea...your avatars crack me up...

Old 09-29-2007, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: joey954rr

ORIGINAL: outsider8

i dont know for a fact that this is true but it makes scince to me....oh yea...your avatars crack me up...
Name:  secret.gif
Views: 7
Size:  2.1 KBtrust me!! there is only one speed sensor and it does not care about the spockets,it is on the other side of the engine [sm=proof.gif]

as for the avatar,thanks Name:  thumbup.gif
Views: 16
Size:  139 Bytes
i am a smiley/avatar junkie!!Name:  hellobye.gif
Views: 4
Size:  3.2 KBi need help!!!Name:  sad.gif
Views: 8
Size:  244 Bytes

Old 09-30-2007, 06:00 PM

First, I still want to call BS on Joey. You werent popular in high school, were you. You have to lie to make yourself feel bigger. However, like all lies, they will eventually catch up to you. I love how an address was posted and finally you were backed in to a corner and had to come clean, but you lied again to get out of the first lie. Man you are an idiot.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:04 PM

I just realized how much I like e-fighting. lol. Gives me something to do at work.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:50 AM

"Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded"

Old 10-01-2007, 02:19 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All I can say is this is some funny **** here lmmfao

Old 10-01-2007, 09:16 PM

well well you guys just cant stay away.....this whole thread is stupid retarded and very funny....i cant help but reading myself....it is almost addicting...no i wasnt backed into a corner but when a couple of people started scaring me woth being a compulsive lier then i had to say something.....i am not like that at all....this was just good fun....and i had a blast with it...

Quick Reply: high spped on a 954