CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: exhaust

ORIGINAL: joey954rr

when we hit those high speeds on public roads we are safe..we have a method for on comming traffic or traffic ahead...its called slow down....
You're an idiot

Old 05-19-2007, 01:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A strong 954RR with slight performance mods ,i.e. full system, etc. will average between 136-141 hp to the rear wheel. It is obvious that this is nowhere near the amount of horsepowerthat needs to be generated to be able to reach 200 mph. As mentioned before, bikes that are capable of these types of speed are generating ewell over 200 hp. We had a bike that was built by a company to break the 600cc land speed record. This bike was turbocharged, we dyno'd it at 200 hp, and it barely made the pass at 201 mph. My personal 954RR dyno's at 181.5 hp with a digital speedo re-calibrated to the bike, and I run out of gear at slightly over 1 mile and havent come close to 200 mph. ( I say close because even if you can do 190 mph, those few extra 10 mph needed is no easy task to attain).

But whatever your goal may be just be as safe as possible. I have had plenty of experience with speeds over 170 mph, and it still scares me to death. Ive had one leg get loose from the tank and actually had to pull it back in with my arm because of how high the wind resistance is at those speeds.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:34 AM

ok since people are still knockin on my man joeys pursuit to 200mph let me add somethin and please TRY and correct me if u think it is a slight possibility i am wrong (<--plz do) but tell me what year they governed sport bikes? a: 2002 what bike was a big part in the decesion? a: the hayabusa was capable of 210mph wit i believe 150 to190 hp. so imo i believe it can be done on a 54 (and pleasequit doubtin the 54 when u are a 54 owner) if u do minor mods and add a **** load of [sm=nxsmile.gif]it can be done,but im not sayin u wont be on ebay purchasing another motor or pullin the one u have out.

Old 05-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

haha i love how you say " you dont plan on wrecking" and you are safe at high speeds...... that has the be some of the stupidest comments ever..... NO ONE plans on wrecking...... and high speeds are really safe period...... just either go big and do it right or go the hell home...... i relaly dont care what scootin cycles have to say.... they are goin to say that ... you are paying them alot of money and weather you get to 200mph or not they still have your money plain and simple you are a plain idiot... do it right.. go big... and go to the track

Old 05-19-2007, 02:58 PM
VP

lol.... WTF are they called accidents then?!?!?!

Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 PM

bob is right....you dont plan accidents....and slowing down does not work sometimes....ever see the vid where the guy slows and still tbones a car...or the guy slows and still goes off the bank and into a ditch....there is no what if's....theres being safe...but not at those speeds and being safe does not always work....hint all the youtube vids of deer hitting bikers....people on fuking cell phones...shyt...yesterday a bunch of us honda owners went for a ride and a dodge dually.thought since he was all big and bad..he could pick any lane....even if we were in it....conclusion.....he ****ed with the wrong crew and now his new truck is trashed...theres no planning anything and at those speeds unless its on a track....even on a track anything can happen...

Old 05-21-2007, 07:12 PM

so if you guys arn't nailing me on the capabilitys of my bike ya'll are going to nail me on my methods of riding....gixbusa, do you know of any place to run this bike with a long enough road...the owner of scooten cycles, i would say he is a friend...known him for a few years but never rode or hung out with him...exept maybe once or twice..hedid not charge me very much to tune the bike so i would not say that he is taking me for for ride to get my money...i got the bike home today..my wife rode it..she did say that she had trouble getting it to take off out of first...she said it took a lot of gas and riding the clutch to get her going..(but she can ride but is not a skilled rider)....if this dosnt work then i will probly put the gearing back to 15,43 and re tune it back and forget about this 200mph stuff...starting to be to much of a pain in the ***...and i have lost a lot of riding time bc it has been in the shop..summer is comming, with the mods i have made it shoud be a pretty fast street bike..i have found a few places that would let me run the bike but they are not long enough for me to even get to 150...

Old 05-21-2007, 11:28 PM
Banned

i just think you have a few screws lose

Old 05-22-2007, 03:16 PM

bro...look....forget about the speed...you want speed...do wht i did...build a drag bike....the engine in that bike of mine i just sold was about 7 grand alone....thats for starters....my friend has a 2002 gsxr 1000 up here in denton with 40k in it.....i asked him why...and he was like...i wanted the most bad *** bike...he is 28 and retired also ....dont waste ur money.....summer is coming up....so why have it in the shop.....this is what i would do....just ride...any mods.....get a full exhaust system...a airbox filter....PC3...steel breaklines....thats about it....just ride the bike...they make them stock for the everyday rider...they place out parts for the people wanting a lil more....they make turbos and supercharges.....with addition of nitrous for those whom are crazy or wanna die at one point of there lives soon. as for roads...i-20 or i-35......have fun....you kepe trying to make ur bike fast you will end up like the other guy on here wanting to go fast and died

Old 05-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: gixbusa

bro...look....forget about the speed...you want speed...do wht i did...build a drag bike....the engine in that bike of mine i just sold was about 7 grand alone....thats for starters....my friend has a 2002 gsxr 1000 up here in denton with 40k in it.....i asked him why...and he was like...i wanted the most bad *** bike...he is 28 and retired also ....dont waste ur money.....summer is coming up....so why have it in the shop.....this is what i would do....just ride...any mods.....get a full exhaust system...a airbox filter....PC3...steel breaklines....thats about it....just ride the bike...they make them stock for the everyday rider...they place out parts for the people wanting a lil more....they make turbos and supercharges.....with addition of nitrous for those whom are crazy or wanna die at one point of there lives soon. as for roads...i-20 or i-35......have fun....you kepe trying to make ur bike fast you will end up like the other guy on here wanting to go fast and died
EXACTLY

Quick Reply: exhaust