CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: exhaust

ORIGINAL: WoodyRR

Lowered 3 inches?!?!? I haven't looked into lowering too much, but is this even possible? Joey, just shut up with all the talk and let us know when you get to ride your bike w/mods. If your buddy has the same mods on the same bike that it's in the same condition, and you don't weigh any more than him, than you should be getting a very similar performance result. Let us know when it's done. It's been about a week since your first post, how much longer until it's done? Whatever happened to your initial problem with your "custom airbox"?

ORIGINAL: joey954rr

friend of mine owns a bike shop...the results were tested on a dyno...i went ahead and bought a full exhaust...so i will find out soon enough what my bike will do...and i will post dyno results...
You talk about dyno results, but you didn't even tell us anything about what the results showed. If the dyno showed 200 MPHtop speed, then how could he hit 204 on the street with all the wind resistance?! I don't mean to rag on you Joey, but this all seems like BS...I guess I have to see to believe, or you have to fill in these "holes" in what you're saying.
it is posible to lower a 54 3inches-shock face plates are available(i own a set)-will lower rear
either 2 or 3 inches-the forks can be lowered about 2 inches of you place the clip-ons above
the upper clamp-and cut 1inch or more off of the fork dampening cartridges(internal fork mod)
o8

Old 05-08-2007, 01:59 PM

Do any of us really thinkhis buddy is hitting over 200 mph on a 954 without serious engine work? That thing would have to dyno at least 230 hp or so. Where is the extra 95 to 100 hp coming from? Unless that thing has NOX, it is not going to even come close. I wonder if these guys are just going by their speedometer, which without adjustment is going to read way off with different sprockets.There was a recent test where a new 636 was showing 182 on the clocks and that bike tops out in the 160s.Even stock bikes have quite a bit of speedometer error at high speed. What a sad waste of a great bike trying to hit 200 mph on the street. Why spend all that money on what will certainly make a strong motor destruct.

Old 05-08-2007, 02:41 PM

ORIGINAL: freemanmj

Do any of us really thinkhis buddy is hitting over 200 mph on a 954 without serious engine work? That thing would have to dyno at least 230 hp or so. Where is the extra 95 to 100 hp coming from? Unless that thing has NOX, it is not going to even come close. I wonder if these guys are just going by their speedometer, which without adjustment is going to read way off with different sprockets.There was a recent test where a new 636 was showing 182 on the clocks and that bike tops out in the 160s.Even stock bikes have quite a bit of speedometer error at high speed. What a sad waste of a great bike trying to hit 200 mph on the street. Why spend all that money on what will certainly make a strong motor destruct.
there is no question that the engine would need extensive work & $$-to the point that it is not worth
doing!!-my question is simply this-the speedometer error is present on a stock bike-most
riders-drop the front sprocket 1-and raise the rear 2-the reports i get from them is the speedometer
is off quite a bit more at this point-it would seem to me the changing spockets sizes-up 1 front
down 2 in the rear-would actually make the speedometer more correct??(this is my set-up)
i dont know anyone with a radar,nor am i willing to ask cop to radar me at 185mph/299kph!!!!
one thing that i do know for sure-correct or incorrect at those speeds-you/me/all of us need to
be watching the road not the speedometer

Old 05-09-2007, 01:06 AM

well the guy i know with this 200+ 954 is full of ****...he told me the mods to make....and that is what i did...after about 2K worth of mods and a lot of waisted time...his bike has about 7k worth of motor...i found this out from the mechanic that did the mods to my bike...well it turns out the he is the guys uncle...he said that the dude has a turbo and is spraying...i didnt even see these mods when i was looking athis bike...it looks almost stock...well when i said something today to him he told me about the turbo and nos...the bottle is under the seat...and the turbo is painted the same as the engine so it is not noticable..he calls it a sleeper...he told me all the bs because he didnt want my bike to come out faster than his....well the mods i made work well...and i am done with this...sorry guys...i know why there was so much dought now....i am not much of a moto mechanic just know how to ride really welll...my bike is around 150 hp tops out with me on the bike around 185 ...think some thing is out wack in my front end because at around 175 she gets really scarry vibration going on...
p.s. i tried to upload pics but says the files are to big...tell me how to fix and i will upload some....oh yea i had a custom air box made for $800

Old 05-09-2007, 01:07 AM

this ******* friend of mine is pushing 195hp

Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 AM

w/o spray.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:14 AM

and one more thing..if he would have told me about the mods....i couldnt afford to do that kind of work on it anyway...nos,bored,turbo, all high performance cams, pistons, ext..i wish...i really didnt have the money to do the mods i made....but i got so hyped up on this that i just started swiping that credit card...

Old 05-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow you really only have the IQ one step higher then the mentally handicaped

Old 05-09-2007, 01:33 AM

comon now...the reason people join these sites is to learn...take it easy just trying to learn some thing new

Old 05-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya and about 99% of my 1100+ posts are helpful... but when you come in here like king **** and talk out of your *** it's annoying.. if you look we told you the same thing before you did all that work to your bike to get to 200mph on a damn public road.. if u had half a brain you wouldnt try to hit a speed like that in a public road... so i have no respect for you

Quick Reply: exhaust