CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

2002-2003 954

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Backdoc, you're not stretched and lowered? Although people despise of this on our bikes it helps A LOT! I used to say drag racing takes no skill (Ill admit it takes a little skill) but its fun as **** to go screaming down the strip. And i agree with carrying everything over. Its going to get costly but you got to pay to play

Old 02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by txsmainevent
Backdoc, you're not stretched and lowered? Although people despise of this on our bikes it helps A LOT! I used to say drag racing takes no skill (Ill admit it takes a little skill) but its fun as **** to go screaming down the strip. And i agree with carrying everything over. Its going to get costly but you got to pay to play
Stock wheelbase and front lowered with strap only. I do alot of hard street riding and want something I can set back to stock quickly. Stretching the swingarm and lowering the front/rear would take the challenge out of drag racing for me. Plus the handling would be terrible for anything but cruising. I prefer close to stock which makes you feel good to beat stretched and lowered bikes off the line and have quicker 60 ft times.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by backdoc
Stock wheelbase and front lowered with strap only. I do alot of hard street riding and want something I can set back to stock quickly. Stretching the swingarm and lowering the front/rear would take the challenge out of drag racing for me. Plus the handling would be terrible for anything but cruising. I prefer close to stock which makes you feel good to beat stretched and lowered bikes off the line and have quicker 60 ft times.
You'd be suprised at the small effect a small drop and stretch actually do to handeling. I can vouch for that. But I do understand the more skill needed. Ive done alot of it on a stock wheel base and height. Its fun trying to keep the front wheel down (which is f*cking impossible on our bikes)

Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 AM

doc,i already have an air shifter and two step on my f3 that im going to carry over to this bike.i reckon for the short term ill go stock with everything