CBR 954RR 2002 - 2003 - CBR 954RR Forum

few questions

Old 02-21-2011, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default few questions

1st
has any1 ever totalled a bike and since replicated it completely?
2nd
what would u pay for an all stock cbr 954 03 with 10k miles and a jardine pipe
$4500?
3rd
will 02 plastics fit an 03?
4th
how much will OEM gas tank and full plastics cost? I want the opposite (red tank, red top and black wing vs black tank and red wing
5th
How much will:
chrome rims
black freestyle ingenuity cage
HIDs- done right- high an low beams n no purple tint to the lights
black tinted wind screen (no double bubble)
chrome mirrors
chrome front brake reservoir cover
chrome front and rear brake disc carriers
new brakes pads, and rotors
new tires (190 rear)
flush turn signals
undertail
power commander III &
how much to cut the jardine pipe

Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 PM

1. No I have never totaled a bike....yet. I wouldn't try to replicate because you would never get it the exact same.

2. 4500 sounds about right although I would throw 4000 at them.

3. Only difference between 02 and 03 is colors. They will interchange.

4. Might as well spend the 500 for aftermarket ones and paint a tank to match (that's what I'm doing). A good used set will probably run at least 1500 and you will still have to paint it to your standard.

5. The price of chrome rims depends: If you take it straight to the chrome shop and skit the middle man (You have to remove tires/bearings/seals) your probably looking at 500 to 650. If you take it to a bike shop your looking at at least 100 bucks more....Depends on the chrome shop and/or bike shop.

Cage is gonna run between 200 and 350. Id go with tygershark.com cages. They are the best quality

I think I saw a good 3 piece light kit for less than 200 on ebay. Hard to find though cause most only do 2 light kits. Purple comes from the bulbs you get, has nothin to do with a cheaper kit

Black windscreen on ebay 30-40 bucks

Misc chrome parts, you can shop for on ebay. Resevoir covers are like 15, and mirrors are like 50 plus and so on.

I paid 210 for my front wave rotors from hong kong and they are great. Lines were 100. Pads will run 50 plus for front and rear. Rear wave rotor (which is pointless) will run like 80

Tires will run 210 plus depending on what you get.....

Undertail will start at 100. Ill sell mine for 50....

Flush signals will start at 15 and go from there

PC will run 350 and if you get a custom tune will be atleast 150

Cutting exhaust are pretty easy, you can pay somebody and I think a buddy paid 100 to get his done. Could be cheaper.....

Old 02-21-2011, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by pimpncbr954s
1st of all thanks so much for the reply I appreciate ur insight, losing my bike last year ruined my summer, and broke my heart to pieces

1. No I have never totaled a bike....yet. I wouldn't try to replicate because you would never get it the exact same.

This is what I am afraid of, I don't want to replicate it for like 9000 bucks and then say damn I should have just gotten a 7000 07 cbr 1000

2. 4500 sounds about right although I would throw 4000 at them.

I want to pay 3800, guy was like come up 700 i felt like sayin relax, however the mileage is low... so tht is what is motivating me to well consider it

3. Only difference between 02 and 03 is colors. They will interchange.

I looked this up n i was just afraid a stupid bracket might have changed or something lol

4. Might as well spend the 500 for aftermarket ones and paint a tank to match (that's what I'm doing). A good used set will probably run at least 1500 and you will still have to paint it to your standard.

I don't mind buying all new brand new plastics if it would be what I wanted,
it seems as tho
gas tank is $650
nose- 400ish
side fairings- 700ish close to 800
rear fender- 300

5. The price of chrome rims depends: If you take it straight to the chrome shop and skit the middle man (You have to remove tires/bearings/seals) your probably looking at 500 to 650. If you take it to a bike shop your looking at at least 100 bucks more....Depends on the chrome shop and/or bike shop.

rims with a core charge are 650 but I really didn't do much research yet

Cage is gonna run between 200 and 350. Id go with tygershark.com cages. They are the best quality

really thanks for saying this bc I am not crazy about FI cages

I think I saw a good 3 piece light kit for less than 200 on ebay. Hard to find though cause most only do 2 light kits. Purple comes from the bulbs you get, has nothin to do with a cheaper kit

please elaborate more on this, i thought the more expensive 3 light kits came with dope bulbs... Idk much about HIDs tho so even if i left the stock 1z its cool

Black windscreen on ebay 30-40 bucks

Misc chrome parts, you can shop for on ebay. Resevoir covers are like 15, and mirrors are like 50 plus and so on.

thanks for this advice couldn't find the disc carriers still tho

I paid 210 for my front wave rotors from hong kong and they are great. Lines were 100. Pads will run 50 plus for front and rear. Rear wave rotor (which is pointless) will run like 80

brake job should be 400 bucks

Tires will run 210 plus depending on what you get.....

prob end up in 300 bucks n tires

Undertail will start at 100. Ill sell mine for 50....

if u have a hot bodies I will def consider it lemme know via PM or email (djchrischip@verizon.net

Flush signals will start at 15 and go from there

yea I want the same turn signals as I had, I was def happy with them

PC will run 350 and if you get a custom tune will be atleast 150

I wonder If i can salvage the map from my old PCIII some how??

Cutting exhaust are pretty easy, you can pay somebody and I think a buddy paid 100 to get his done. Could be cheaper.....

I figured thts about what it was, just don't want a hack job... does cutting the exhaust kill power on the low end by any chance?
also under my tank by the air box is a flap tht had 2 carpenters screws in it (on my old bike) what does the flap do and why would some1 do that...

also on my friends gsxr wen he changed to a slip on pipe he had to disconnect something so not to get an FI code, do I have to do this as well?
answered the post within the quote sryyy lol

Old 02-21-2011, 10:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That about covers it all.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

1) i've restored totalled bikes, but i haven't replicated them. it'd be easy to do, you just have to be patient on ebay (looking for OEM fairings - not the china ones), and it's going to cost you a whole lot more to replicate it as opposed to go a new direction.

2) it depends on the bike. test ride it. for $4500, it should pull strong and feel like a new bike. the fairings, fairing stays, radiator mounts, - look and see if they all fit straight, and don't look bent. if they don't - or if the bike doesn't ride like it should - walk away unless you're mechanically inclined.

3) only difference between the 2 yrs is the fairings

4) OEM fairings from honda ~ $1500+ OEM waiting patiently on ebay ~$700

5) -chrome rims - ebay ~$250-350 for front and rear
-cage - $150
-HID - kits can be had for around $170 - the whole color thing depends on what temp you go. if you want a nice blue - go 6000k. the ugly purple ones are 12000k (people that don't know that the temp means color usually just get the highest temp they can cuz they think it means brighter - and then they end up with purple lights instead)
-windscreen - the guy i bought my bike from painted his screen black with spray paint on the underneath side - it looked really good or you can ebay them for $20
-all the chrome stuff can be found on ebay - just be thrifty and patient
-brake pads depend on how much stopping power you want - HH sintered pads will cost $70 for the front and they're really good stuff. you can get away with organic ones on ebay for $35 for the front
-stock rotors can be had for $70 - 100. you can get wavy ones for $150
> don't worry about the rear as much, like pimpin' said, its for asthetics, not performance.

-tires all depend on what you want, and then shop rates, unless you can do it yourself (then go with ebay. you can get a bead braker on there for under $100, tires are also way cheaper, and from then on, you can do your own tires yourself)
-flushmounts can be had for $20 on ebay
-undertail ~$150
-you can pick up a PCIII on ebay so that you don't have to pay $300 from dynojet. i got my PCIIIR for $75 shipped on ebay. like pimpin' said, get a custom tune - and that'll be a big part of the cost of the PC
-cut it as much as you want. i cut my exhaust as much as i could allowing myself to still use the rear peg mount. just remember, once you start cutting, you're kind of commited to cutting it at least that far.

Last edited by Conrice; 02-22-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:12 PM

You can buy a single HID kit from ddmtuning for $25!

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Cat...-Kits-Lighting

Dual kits start at $40.

They are of course temporarily out of stock and it takes them forever to ship your order, but you can't beat the price.

What type of bulbs do we have?

Old 02-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

we have H7's

if you want to do HID's the right way, you need to do a projector and all of that, and you should get one that is waterproof. Otherwise, it'll just be useless bright light going everywhere. if you want to see a bit further ahead of you, you need the projector

Old 02-22-2011, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
we have H7's

if you want to do HID's the right way, you need to do a projector and all of that, and you should get one that is waterproof. Otherwise, it'll just be useless bright light going everywhere. if you want to see a bit further ahead of you, you need the projector
I think the 54 will work better than most without the projector housing. The low beam is set way back in the headlight. I wouldn't do high and lo, but that's me.

I have their 55w kit on my buell and it does throw more light everywhere, but it's better than stock. I like how it shuts of the street lights as I ride by.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moosestang
I think the 54 will work better than most without the projector housing. The low beam is set way back in the headlight.
+1 I have the 35 w bulbs in mine and the light output is awesome.I have tried PIaa super brights and they don't even come close.Are the projectors lights better? Possibly.Would I install them on my bike? Not for the price.I'm happy with what I have now.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by letsride
+1 I have the 35 w bulbs in mine and the light output is awesome.I have tried PIaa super brights and they don't even come close.Are the projectors lights better? Possibly.Would I install them on my bike? Not for the price.I'm happy with what I have now.
Is the stock low beam bulb 35w or 55?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: few questions