CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Sad Day in my life

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sad Day in my life

I sold my 929 last night. I am still trying to recover. came home looked in my garage and it hit me hard. Good news though, I can now start looking for the next one. really wanna see the 08 100rr in person before i make a judgement. Ideally would like to find a repsol with low miles. Wish me luck, this is a difficult time in my riding life.

Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 PM
Default RE: Sad Day in my life

I know that feeling. Kinda like breaking up with a girl, right. Anyway, your next bike will ease the pain but the good memories will always be there. I keep pics of all my past bikes so I can reminisce when I'm feeling sentimental. R.I.P. 929

Old 12-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

i regret ever selling my 929. i had always dreamed of owning a t2 rx7 and finally had teh chance but it meant trading my 929... biggest mistake of my life (seriously!) in my opinion the 929 is one of the finest bikes honda produced . good luck finding a new bike but you will always miss the 929

Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM

On that note, I just wanna vent on how cool it is to own a 929. Think about it, all you see out there are R6's,R1's,and gsx-r's. The market is saturatedwith bland bikes that everybody owns. And everyone has the same cookie-cutter mods done to their bikes!Us 929'ers have a special thing going on. We own one of the best performing bikes ever engineered and our bikes are becoming a rarity. The 929's were only produced for two years andthey owned the sport bike market in that short time. To this day, we can still compete with the newer big dogs and with only a few minor mods. I don't know about you guys, but I get compliments on my bike all the time and I consistently smoke some of the newer cats. We own a rare bike that will go down in history for being an invaluablestepping stone to the modern 1000cc+ class sport bike.Good news is, you can only go so big before adversely affecting your power:weight ratio. That being said, we'll be in the conversation for quite a while! Viva la 929"ers!

Old 12-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Official Welcome Crew Junkie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck on finding a new bike my friend, I can only imagine the loss you are feeling right now[]
You'll have a new '08 red/black 1000RR in your garage before you know it! (He-He)

Old 12-06-2007, 11:24 PM

I've got a 2001 CBR 929 with less than 3000 miles on it (bought it with about 700 miles)... I've lived overseas for the last 8 years and didn't ride it too much. Guam isn't that big and it was too scary to use my bike in the Philippines, plus I used my friend's bike most of the time over there. My I'm back in Killa Kali and starting to rack up the miles. Yea, it's still pretty brand new. No major mods except Scotts Damper, Erion Pipe and SATO rearsets.I guess you can say my 929 is still virgin tight.

Manyhave offered to buy it andI say "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Old 12-07-2007, 09:26 AM

ORIGINAL: driego

On that note, I just wanna vent on how cool it is to own a 929. Think about it, all you see out there are R6's,R1's,and gsx-r's. The market is saturatedwith bland bikes that everybody owns. And everyone has the same cookie-cutter mods done to their bikes!Us 929'ers have a special thing going on. We own one of the best performing bikes ever engineered and our bikes are becoming a rarity. The 929's were only produced for two years andthey owned the sport bike market in that short time. To this day, we can still compete with the newer big dogs and with only a few minor mods. I don't know about you guys, but I get compliments on my bike all the time and I consistently smoke some of the newer cats. We own a rare bike that will go down in history for being an invaluablestepping stone to the modern 1000cc+ class sport bike.Good news is, you can only go so big before adversely affecting your power:weight ratio. That being said, we'll be in the conversation for quite a while! Viva la 929"ers!
this guy hit the nail right on the head and every time a get a new bike payment in the mail and still see that i owe about a little bit more that 7 grand i just think about everything this guy said then i goto the garage look at my baby and all of a sudden feel alot better about the whole situatiion about me paying top dollar for it and it also makes me feel better when a non bike owner asks if its brand new and i say nope its an 00' and they always seem to be amazed but good luck on finding a new bike! the rest of us 929ers will carry on the legacy for you!

Old 12-08-2007, 02:16 PM

one of the reasons why none of the new bikes worked for me was because of the following 2 reasons.

1. the seats are much harder and really uncomfortable than the older sport bikes (like my 929)
2. ever since they put the tail pipe going out the ***, there's no compartment to store anything anymore.

now that bike makers have realized that exhaust out the back seat isn't really all that necessary because most of us spend less time on the track and more time in the "real world", we really need bikes that has a balance.

looks like most of the bike makers are finally moving back to a lower side tail pipe. i do like the shortys.

well, the '08 cbr1000 finally went that route but they forgot to give us back the trunk space just like the GSXRs and R6

Old 12-08-2007, 03:41 PM

at this point I am torn between a Repsol or waiting for the2008 1000rr. I don't think it looks all that great from the pics but feel like I should see it in person before I make final judgement.

Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: lexiconby

one of the reasons why none of the new bikes worked for me was because of the following 2 reasons.

1. the seats are much harder and really uncomfortable than the older sport bikes (like my 929)
2. ever since they put the tail pipe going out the ***, there's no compartment to store anything anymore.

now that bike makers have realized that exhaust out the back seat isn't really all that necessary because most of us spend less time on the track and more time in the "real world", we really need bikes that has a balance.

looks like most of the bike makers are finally moving back to a lower side tail pipe. i do like the shortys.

well, the '08 cbr1000 finally went that route but they forgot to give us back the trunk space just like the GSXRs and R6

I totally agree with you on both points lexiconby!!! Lots of my friends are jealous about my trunk and many have mention the comfort of my seat. It's kewl to go to bike night, pop the trunk and pull out my McDonalds. I was at last weekends Long Beach Bike show and I did notice how hard the seats were compared to mine.

Paint scheme for the limited edition CBR 600 looks sweet...