Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Life........and my take on it....

Old 09-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Life........and my take on it....

i've realized that i dont want to tippy toe through life.........

i've now known two people to wreck their bikes...one wasnt too bad, but the other (just happened saturday night) struck a deer at 60, then he went into a guardrail, he's fine other than broken ankle/wrist, dislocated shoulder, and some bumps/scrapes. these things are like lessons, things to learn from and keep doing what im doing. i have a friend that LIKES bikes, but is too scared to BUY one. when i told him about my buddy that just wrecked, his reply (after asking if the guy was ok, of course) was "i'll stick to cars, i like my protection", and i just told him you can die in the shower, you can slip and fall in you're hallway, you can get struck by another car on you're way to work........i guess when its your time, its your time. idk, i just feel i dont want to tippy toe through life hoping nothing ever happens to me and being some safety freak. i want to stomp through, make lots of noise and enjoy myself!!!!!! my grandfather was the healthiest man you'd ever meet, health freak, and a pretty safe guy to boot.......and he passed in '04 from a heart attack. your number can be up at any moment, so live life to the fullest, enjoy yourself.

idk why i made this post, haha. just been thinking alot today, and i plan on enjoying my life, not watching it pass by!

ride safe everybody, and have fun!!!!!!

Old 09-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Life........and my take on it....

Life can be like a game (Lara Croft is still hot), once you have a basic handle on the controls, some quickness now and then will get you less likely to be smashed to bits. If you tip-toe when you're supposed to run--you'll get cut to ribbons. I don't want to stomp all the flowers, though, gotta save some for the poor sot who comes after me, but I just couldn't imagine going through life without finding the fastest line around the track...I mean, c'mon, there's podium girls, champagne, and the adoration of millions just waiting...

Schumi!

Old 09-30-2007, 10:59 PM

ORIGINAL: jaynd
.i guess when its your time, its your time.
I have said the same thing over and over again

so many people say motorcycles are too dangerous....that I will die from one...that is my reply...when its your time its your time, whether it be a bike crash, plane crash, car wreck, or just sliping and falling(my grandfather died this way 2 years ago hit his head on the bumper of his car)

Life is too short to not take risks....

Old 09-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree 100%, as I'm the exact same way. Not saying I still don't play it safe cuz I always do, it's not like I want to die before my time cuz I really don't. I realize riding is dangerous in itself, but I do everything I can to make it as safe and enjoyable as possible. But like you said, when it's your time to go it's your time to go... I can't argue with that. Everyone that knows me knows how I ride and, god forbid something should happen, at least it's known that it was simply my time to go, and not because I was doing something stupid.

One of my favorite quotes... I forget where I heard it but always stuck in my head.... "I refuse to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death". And it's absolutely true!

I know my dad really doesn't like me riding, though he's gotten used to it over the last 3 years. But everytime the subject comes up, he says "you won't catch me on one of those things, I like a little metal around me". Hey that's cool, whatever floats your boat! But down here hell it's dangerous standing anywhere near a Walgreens entrance in fear of Esther Goldstein, 92, of Century Village is gonna plow her Grand Marquis through the front doors cuz... and I quote.. "when I stepped on the brake the car accelerated... it must be a defect, I'm going to sue"

You've only got one life to live and one chance to enjoy it.... might as well make the best of it and do what makes you happy! Otherwise you'll just get old and grumpy and keep asking yourself... "what if..."

Old 09-30-2007, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"A life lived in fear, is a life half lived". If we all stopped doing something because of fear, none of us would get out of bed (& even that could kill you). Tell your friend that a high percentage of death & physical harm can happen during sex. May put things in perspective.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:51 PM

couldnt agree more,
I would also like to add, that Its not only what you enjoyed, Its what you leave behind. Your legacy so to speak. That noise you make trough life, make it mean something, to someone. That is the only way to achieve imortality.I dont mean it in a religious point of view, Imean it in the sence that if you ave made a diference in someones life, you have made somebody's life better, that will last after you are gone. And that is what I call REALY living!

Old 10-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Exactly. All these people tell me the same thing. I reply just like yall do. I am not gonna quit doing what I love to do cause its dangerous. I ride street bikes and dirt bikes and theres the occasional hunting. People tell me all the time i am gonna die doing those 3 things. I personally would rather die doing something that I loved to do than sit in bed for 4 months waiting to die from some disease. I am not trying to kill myself though. I enjoy living. Im just not gonna sit around in some safe place and eat healthy all the time to die from a heartattack.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:26 AM

i know way too many people who always take the "safe" route through life, what's the fun in that? a few quotes that i've seen here or on other forums:

"i refuse to tiptoe my way through life, only to find my way safely to death"

"it's not tragic to die doing something you love"

sorry if i don't give credit for those quotes, but i can't remember where i saw them... but anyway, that's sort of my philosophy on life. if you spend time worrying about all the things that can go wrong, when will you have time to really live? we always hear "this ingredient has been found to cause heart problems", "this substance has been found to cause cancer".... hell, one day they'll probably tell us that oxygen causes lung cancer. can you imagine all the "safe" freaks holding their breath as long as they can? i get crap all the time about my hobby being dangerous, i seriously think some people consider getting on the motorcycle to be at the same level of danger as jumping head-first into an active volcano.. they act like riding on two wheels is just a short trip to certain death. others that annoy me... i grew up near the coast, and i've met my fair share of people who were too scared to get in the water because they're afraid of sharks (or flesh-eating bacteria more recently). more people die in the U.S. every year from dog attacks than shark attacks, and we cuddle up with those little killers at night, don't we? i just do what i enjoy doing, and don't worry about whether i'll die doing it. all that matters is that i enjoy life, and if i die, then i'll know i got everything i could out of living. and if everything i believe is true, heaven will be infinitely better than living here on Earth... i picture heaven as a garage full of every sportbike i could ever dream of anda road course right outside if that's where riding my motorcycle is going to send me, then i say "full speed ahead"

Old 10-01-2007, 02:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rmr1923

i know way too many people who always take the "safe" route through life, what's the fun in that? a few quotes that i've seen here or on other forums:

"i refuse to tiptoe my way through life, only to find my way safely to death"

"it's not tragic to die doing something you love"

sorry if i don't give credit for those quotes, but i can't remember where i saw them... but anyway, that's sort of my philosophy on life. if you spend time worrying about all the things that can go wrong, when will you have time to really live? we always hear "this ingredient has been found to cause heart problems", "this substance has been found to cause cancer".... hell, one day they'll probably tell us that oxygen causes lung cancer. can you imagine all the "safe" freaks holding their breath as long as they can? i get crap all the time about my hobby being dangerous, i seriously think some people consider getting on the motorcycle to be at the same level of danger as jumping head-first into an active volcano.. they act like riding on two wheels is just a short trip to certain death. others that annoy me... i grew up near the coast, and i've met my fair share of people who were too scared to get in the water because they're afraid of sharks (or flesh-eating bacteria more recently). more people die in the U.S. every year from dog attacks than shark attacks, and we cuddle up with those little killers at night, don't we? i just do what i enjoy doing, and don't worry about whether i'll die doing it. all that matters is that i enjoy life, and if i die, then i'll know i got everything i could out of living. and if everything i believe is true, heaven will be infinitely better than living here on Earth... i picture heaven as a garage full of every sportbike i could ever dream of anda road course right outside if that's where riding my motorcycle is going to send me, then i say "full speed ahead"
well put! amen brotha!

Old 10-02-2007, 12:13 AM

ORIGINAL: rmr1923

and if everything i believe is true, heaven will be infinitely better than living here on Earth... i picture heaven as a garage full of every sportbike i could ever dream of anda road course right outside if that's where riding my motorcycle is going to send me, then i say "full speed ahead"
God rides a Honda.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Life........and my take on it....