CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

loweing without losing handling???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loweing without losing handling???

I want to lower my bike just a little bit, like maybe an inch max but i dont want to lose any handling. Any ideas? I was thinking of just adjusting the shock down some, but like i said i dont want to lose any handling.

Old 02-11-2008, 05:59 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: loweing without losing handling???

well any time you change a motorcycles geometry your going to affect its handling, however what i have come to understand is that most of us over think our ability in the first place and we convience ourselves that we can ride like the riders in AMA and if we lower our bikes we wont be able to take 90 degree turns at 120mph but the fact is we couldnt do it in the first place.

My bike is low and i ride it hard, but i guess im not to the point that im scrapping the plastic, i have scraped a footpeg once or twice.

Old 02-11-2008, 06:01 AM

dude i dont care what anyone says you wont lose any handleing i lowered my bike 2in in the front and 4in in the back and stretched it 6inches and i can hang a curv with anyone else, get a set of dog bones not the cheap triangles and drop it a inch

Old 02-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mikey1297

dude i dont care what anyone says you wont lose any handleing i lowered my bike 2in in the front and 4in in the back and stretched it 6inches and i can hang a curv with anyone else, get a set of dog bones not the cheap triangles and drop it a inch
Don't take this the wrong way, but if that's the case you ride with chumps or *****-footers.

There is no way your 4"/2" lowered and stretched bike could maintain in aggressive riding, just not gonna happen. I've spent a great deal of time humbling the big boys on my F3. With yours the way it is... no way.

That being said, I don't want to turn this into a testosterone thread. And I do agree with what BIGNIBB said.

However, Mikey, your bike is simply not a CBR anymore in terms of design an handling. You'd be hard pressed to convince anyone that it is.

An inch isn't going to bea gigantic difference. Honestly, most people probably could only tell, "something" is different, maybe not. But you start slamming/stretching that bike and I'll show you the ***-end of my F3 all day long. Seen it too many times.

Old 02-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well the 929 dosnt actually have a set of dog bones, it only has one, 1 hole on one end and 3 on the other for the aftermarket type.

now as far as being able to hang a curve with anyone else, slow down there buddy, your getting a lil carried away.

you might be able to hang one you might even be able to do 2 but there is no way your bike can turn like a shorter wheel base bike, unless these are pansy turns and not blind "S" turns and if you can your not doing it at any real speed.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:08 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

topic is a oxy moron. And to lowered/stretch boys comments. Highways dont count and neither does gradual sweepers. Bring that bike night special to deals gap n you will eat dust all day long, and even from women on 250s.

To the OP 1" wont affect it too much but will still affect it. when you lower it you reduce lean angle, change the rake and alter the design. Anyone that says it doesnt is just uneducated on how motorcycles handle. No offense to anyone but FACTS ARE FACTS!

Old 02-11-2008, 11:14 AM
Banned

This whole thing raises a question...

Mikey, if you're in to that kind of riding, why in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks did you stretch.slam it? Makes no sense.

I either call bull**** on your bike or you. Someone's fibbing.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:14 AM

well i guess next time i go to the gap i will call all of yall so you can come watch!

i also to thought that it would kill my handleing when i lowered/stretched it. i was planing on just buying anouther bike for the mountains/curves. i have just got use to it the way it handles and it not that bad. in all reallity do you go to the mountains and ride everyday? if you do thats cool but i dont live where i can dothat.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: mikey1297

well i guess next time i go to the gap i will call all of yall so you can come watch!

i also to thought that it would kill my handleing when i lowered/stretched it. i was planing on just buying anouther bike for the mountains/curves. i have just got use to it the way it handles and it not that bad. in all reallity do you go to the mountains and ride everyday? if you do thats cool but i dont live where i can dothat.
Yes I live 15miles for the mountains, actually I am surrounded by them lol. we're not saying a slamed stretch bike wont handle. We are saying it will not handle nothing like it pose to or could. I see busa's in the mtns, and even vrods n vmax's hanging curves. But nothing like a sportbike setup like it pose to be tho. See what we are saying?

Old 02-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Banned

Don't live in the mountains but I live in Missouri where a straight stretch of road is hard to come by.

One of my favorite things about this city; it's parkways and surrounding 2-lane highways.

Quick Reply: loweing without losing handling???