CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Clicking Sound

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clicking Sound

Hi Everyone, I am new to the site but not to riding. I have my 2nd Erion Racing and I have come to a problem that I have not had happen to me yet. I am looking for some help. Soa fewmths ago I tagged a guard rail (loose gravel) and cracked my stator cover. Being that I have never changed one I ordered it and replaced it myself. Well I rode it for about 2 weeks and noticed that it was leaking oil. So I had remembered from removing the old cover that there was no gasket. I just installed it not too long ago. I go to start the bike and nothing. When I press the start button all I hear is a loud click. None of the fuses blew because I checked them all. I am lost and a little frustrated. Anyone know how to help?

Old 06-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Permanent ROTM Nominee
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Clicking Sound

do all your electronics work?
guage, lights, ect?

does the fuel pump prime?

did you try to pop the clutch?

did you try to jump start it?

I believe there is a gasket there from honda, its just very thin.

was it your bikes original stator in it?

Old 06-29-2008, 05:23 PM

All the lights work, the pump primes, and I installed a new gasket. Its just wierd, because all i did was remove the old cover, installed the new one and it ran fine. I noticed it was leaking oil so I removed the new cover and installed the gasket and now it won't start. I haven't jump started it yet, Because the battery had given me problems before. So I got a new one and still nothing so my next option was going to be pop the clutch. I wasn't sure if that would help at all with the clicking sound.

Old 07-01-2008, 03:55 PM

So yesterday I tried to pop the clutch and nothing happened. So I went online and found the fault codes. I tried and got no blinks at all. The oil light is still on though. I am lost.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:13 PM

You need to provide more info... any more info... What do you mean the oil light is on??? does it stay on??? do you hear the injectors prime??? is there any noise when you hit the starter switch.. check the starter relay??? check the fuse for starter (should maybe be one by or on the relay??) check ground?? check power to starter?? The thread says clicking????? when you put the gasket on were all the gears ok??? there is a small starter gear that pops out when I pull the stator cover off.... Sounds like maybe the starter seized and blew a fuse.....