CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Would you buy a beautiful 94 CBR900RR which was not used during 8 years ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 11:45 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I finaly bought the Urban Tiger yesterday and have now to go back 400km to Paris, hoping it won't rain as i was late toncatch the train toncome here and forgot my rain clothes ...stupid me !
I just have Chippewa 27863 Engineer boots with steel toe and a motorcycle leather jacket ( the vintage style ones with no collar, black with some white stripes !
She looks like new and i am curious to see how it rides now

Old 09-20-2021, 12:03 PM

I did only about 50 km but i am surprised at the sound of the engine , inwould have imagined it would be roaring more but maybe it is just the sound the Mig full exhaust system makes the bike have , that i don't like !
I don't think the sound of that Muffler / exhaust system is that good and i have never been interested in the Mig brand anyway !
Maybe it is the fact the Mig carbon muffler has been shortened by an ex owner (the one before the seller i bought the bike from ) that makes it sound like that , although at low rpm it doesn't sound that bad .
It would sound much better i think, with a full Akrapovic or Yosh Full exhaust system or Muffler , or with an old round Devil , before the French Devil brand went bankrupt and the name taken again by i don't know who exactly but not anymore the original Devil owners/ developers !
I love the round carbon muffler Devil SB2 Racing full exhaust system i have on my ZRX1200R with Dynojet stage 3 kit , as well as the round Devil Stainless steel Trophy muffler i have , mounted on the original ZRX1200R header / collector ( 2005 ones, Inox / Stainless Steel color , not the black ones used until 2004 ) , which gives a great sound full of low ends ( different frol the SB2 which as a full Devil exhaust system, is lighter, so has less low end but a great sound when you get up'the rpm's and even at low rpm's but not as full of low end frequencies like the Trophy and stock ZRX1200R header/ collector , which is heavier than the SB2 header / collector ) .
I also have a third Round carbon Devil muffler for ZRX1200? Which was given with the 2nd ZRX1200R 2005 i bought , which has a great sound as well but might need to have the inside redone ( not sure about that and not sure how to know about it ) as it's old i suppose .

I saw a nice Akrapovic full exhaust system with hexagonal carbon muffler , which could be nice for that 900 RR ( with removeable baffle / DB killer ) and i think i will buy it !

I don't know if there is a Yoshimura full exhaust system still available for the 900 RR , or even just a cool muffler , RS-3 style ( the one made for ZRX1200 in carbon and stainless Steel ) but Round ( i prefer round muffler ) cause the RS-3 is oval but still cool .

Last edited by Highway to Hell; 09-20-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 08:27 AM

I will replace the full exhaust system next week as i will take it for maintenance to my usual workshop ( a Kawasaki dealer's workshop but the chief of workshop got a CBR 900 RR , so he knows it quite well ) .
The actual Mig full exhaust system looks good ( but it's missing the collar to hold the muffler in place , attached to the rear footrest ! And as the muffler has a particular shape and is not produced anymore for quite a few years , i have no idea where i could find that collar as i think the French brand Mig does not exist anymore on top of that !) but i do not like the sound it gives to the bike, at least when i go above 3000-4000 rpm's , whereas at low rpm's or idle , it is ok.
i really prefer the big sound of my ZRX1200Rs , one with the Devil SB2 full exhaust racing system and the Dynojet stage 3 + 4 K&N individual filters , or the one with stock engine and header but with a Devil Trophy Muffler !
They both have a much bigger sound with more low end ; they just sound like big bikes !

I will have an Akrapovic full exhaust system installed on the CBR 900 RR , although not sure yet if i put the hexagonal carbon muffler that was included with the S-H9H2-C ( S-H9H2-HZC as some dealers name it ) full exhaust Racing line / system , or if i put the Akrapovic oval carbon Racing muffler i found second hand but like new/ never used , that should fit as they are both 52mm input !
Maybe the look of the Oval one would fit better with the look of the vintage CBR 900 RR !

The oval carbon muffler should look like that once installed ( i could not find any picture with the hexagonal muffler mounted on a CBR 900 RR ) :
https://www.bikehps.com/954/CBR900RR_954_Akrapovic.pdf

The oval carbon Racing Muffler should look like that once mounted on the E-H9H2 header ( seen on the picture bellow with the hexagonal muffler ) , although the E-H9H2 header ( for 1992 to 1999 CBR 900 RR ) has a slightly different shape than the one in the picture bellow which is for a 2002-2003 CBR 900 RR 954 .

Here is ( bellow ) the S-H9H2-C ( or also named S-H9H2-HZC ) , with its hexagonal muffler and the E-H9H2 header :

Last edited by Highway to Hell; 10-09-2021 at 09:02 AM.