CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

Would you buy a beautiful 94 CBR900RR which was not used during 8 years ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 02:25 PM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Would you buy a beautiful 94 CBR900RR which was not used during 8 years ?

I found a very nice all original 1994 CBR 900 RR Fireblade , White / Blue / Red orange , which seems in excellent external condition with only 18000 km ( 11185 miles ) on the odometer BUT was not used for the last 8 years and had no maintenance at all done on it , not even the oil replaced since 2013 !
he seems to have been the only owner of that motorbike ( from what he said ) .
Would you bike such a motorbike , especialy knowing the guy wants 8000 € ( 9475$ / 6872 £ ) to 8500 euros ( 1070$ / 7300£ ) for it ?

The guy said he rode 300 km after he drained the oil and replaced it in 2013 and did not use it after , except maybe once in a while ,to ride a few minutes around the block , although i am not sure he actualy did it or if he said that to make me think the bike was ridden a bit at least once in a while since 2013 !

It is all original , except the windshield and it has an extra mig round muffler on tp of the stock original full exhaust suystem ( original header/ collector + original round muffler ) .

Apart from the price which is quite expensive, although some CBR900RR of that era in excellent looking condition like that and with very few km / miles on the counter ( if that is the true kilometers / mileage ) , are often listed for 7000 To 8000 euros but the fact it was not used at all for 8 years, with no maintenance at all done since 2013 , really scares me !

The guy wanted 7500 euros at first for it a few weeks ago but he told me someone proposed him 8000 euros , so he gave priority to that person but said he would study a better proposition !
Clearly , he is trying to raise the stakes but the bike is really beautiful and in top condition externaly !
I would be sure the fact it was not used at all for 8 years , had no bad consequences on the bike , i might be ready to pay such price to get one in that condition with so little km/ mileage but what to think about a motorbike which did not ride for'so long ?

he said, he replaced the battery cause the previous one had leaked on the frame near the rider footrest or so and it made a mark there but that it is the only problem and the motor started perfectly after he replaced the battery !

Last edited by Highway to Hell; 09-07-2021 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2021, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Received 341 Likes on 280 Posts

I absolutely would if the price is acceptable to you. In fact I would prefer a bike like that.
you will have some work to do with it but that’s just a way to get to know the bike if you ask me.

Old 09-07-2021, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Received 498 Likes on 450 Posts

For me it's too much money. It's 27 years old. Many of the rubber items are going to need replaced like fork seals, brake master and slave cylinder parts. O rings on the fittings to the carburetors along with full rebuild of the carburetors. If you can do all the work yourself, then it's a matter of time and parts cost. If you have to pay someone, then you're looking at the cost of a new motorcycle. IMO.

Old 09-07-2021, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
I absolutely would if the price is acceptable to you. In fact I would prefer a bike like that.
you will have some work to do with it but that’s just a way to get to know the bike if you ask me.
Unfortunately ( or fortunately ) the guy changed his mind and decided to sell it to the guy who proposed him 8000 euros two days ago , whereas he had told me this afternoon , he would be ready to sell it to me if i was proposing him more than that today !

At first he was selling it 7500 euros but he was on holidays in Spain for a few days when i first contacted him 2 to 3 weeks ago, when he just had put his motorbike for sale online in a classified add .
I had spoke with him on the phone and he was supposed to send me some more pictures but unfortunately he did not succeed sending them , so i focused on the pictures of the bikes i received and forgot a bit about his motorbike for a few days ( knowing i was already wondering if buying a motorcycle which had not been used since 2013 nor had had any maintenance done to it since would not be a risk !).
I contacted several persons for different 900 CBR RR from 94 to 97,for sale i was interested in and in each text message i received from the guys on my phone ( cause i do not have a smartphone but an old mobile phone which can't receive pictures or MMS ) i did not know who they were when they did not tell me for which bike they were answering me or asking me if i had received their pictures !

I had asked them to send me their pictures by email cause without a smartphone ( with only that old mobile phone) , i can only see the pictures on my email address on my Ipad but i had not received his pictures in my emails , so as i said , for a while , i focused on the bikes i received the pictures of .

Back to that guy and his motorbike , as i said he was selling it at first for 7500 euros , another guy was really interested on top of me at that time and that guy wanted to buy it but a third person contacted the seller a few days later and proposed him 500 euros more for he sells his bike to him and not to the other guy with whom he had agree on a sale at 7500 € ,price specified in the add !
The seller then accepted to sell it to that other person for 8000€ but asked the first guy if he was ready to pay more than the 7500 € ( and so , more than 8000€ or that amount at least ) he had asked at first in his add but that person refused !
And today , i saw again that message from 3 days ago on my old mobile phone , asking me if i had got his pictures of the bike (whereas he had seen his emails were not sent , so there was no chance i would have received them ! Lol ) but as he was not telling me who he was nor about which bike he was speaking about , i did not know whose phone number it was , nor about what bike he was speaking !

I was very busy last week at least ( on top of being sick for more than a week , with intestinal problems , due to the side effets
of the second injection for the Pfizer anti Covid Vaccine, i barely slept for a few nights ! ) , so i only texted him today , answering his last text message on my mobile phone , after
i finaly had the time today to identify this phone number, after searching in the different messages i had received for several motorbikes , on the classified adds website where i had seen them for sale ( cause some sellers put their phone number directly available in the classified adds but some others only give their phone number if you contact them first with a text message on that classified adds website ).

All that to say that it seems it will be sold tomorrow morning as the buyer must come to buy it and take it away by 10:30 AM , although he can't even go back home riding it , as there has not been any motor oil drain since 2013 , nor any other maintenance done, so it would be too dangerous and he would risk breaking the engine or something like that if riding for several hours with the bike in that condition !
Maybe he should not have proposed me today, to sell it to me if i was ready to pay more than the other buyer ,cause it made me hope it could still be available but i suppose he might have felt seller remorse to try to raise the stakes two times with 3 different buyers , so he stuck to the last proposition he had accepted !

Last edited by Highway to Hell; 09-08-2021 at 08:55 AM.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:25 AM

Double post

Last edited by Highway to Hell; 09-13-2021 at 09:37 AM.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
For me it's too much money. It's 27 years old. Many of the rubber items are going to need replaced like fork seals, brake master and slave cylinder parts. O rings on the fittings to the carburetors along with full rebuild of the carburetors. If you can do all the work yourself, then it's a matter of time and parts cost. If you have to pay someone, then you're looking at the cost of a new motorcycle. IMO.
You really think all that would need to be done for sure 100% ?

Anyway, the motorcycle was sold but i am in contact for a while with a guy who sells a 1994 Urban Tiger in excellent condition , which has had 3 owners and it seems the last one Is really taking care of it .
He doesn't ride much with it and it only has about 22500 km / 14000 miles but he rides it regularly and takes great care of it .
The previous owner was the chief of a Jaguar cars workshop , so i suppose he took care of it as well .
The only things to say about it are that it has had the wheels painted in orange like one of the colors of the fairing , it has a scratch on the swing arm on the side behind the muffler ( so i am trying to see if i can find one in very good condition for cheap as there are many for sell for cheap but most are not in good condition ) , the frame has been polished so it is shiny like chrome instead of the original matte color but i don't mind about it too much as it looks nice , but it would have looked even better if the swing arm had been polished as well !
Also , the full exhaust system has been replaced with a muffler and an header / collector but i don't know the brand !
i saw Delkevic sells some inox collector/ header for 92 to 99 CBR 900 RR , so i wonder if the collector/ header on that CBR900 RR might be a Delkevic one as it might look like it ( i am not sure, so if anybody knows ...) .

By the way , if anybody here sells a 1994-1995 polished swingarm in very good condition or even one not polished but in very good condition , i am interested !
Does anybody know if some other years of CBR 900 RR have some swing arm compatibility with 1994-1995 ones ?

But what IDoDirt writes about the rubbers makes me a bit afraid , cause those sellers selling CBR900RR of that era in great shape with low km/mileage , all wants much money for them , so if it also needs much maintenance after that , it could be a problem if it really costs much money cause i am not able to do all that myself unfortunately; i have no competence in mechanic !

Last edited by Highway to Hell; 09-13-2021 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know what a 1994 Urban Tiger is, but if it's the bike with Orange wheels, it looks great. Scratch on swingarm wouldn't bother me so long as I could tell it's not rubbing anymore. I'm not saying that all those things need to be done as soon as you take possession of it. If you don't have the history of the bike then you don't know what has been done in the past. Just be aware of what the potential issues in the future may be.

Old 09-13-2021, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by IDoDirt
I don't know what a 1994 Urban Tiger is, but if it's the bike with Orange wheels, it looks great. Scratch on swingarm wouldn't bother me so long as I could tell it's not rubbing anymore. I'm not saying that all those things need to be done as soon as you take possession of it. If you don't have the history of the bike then you don't know what has been done in the past. Just be aware of what the potential issues in the future may be.
Yes, the " Urban Tiger " was the name of that particular 1994-1995 CBR 900 RR color scheme , in metallic grey ( or sort of metallic beige maybe, although inhave always thought it was grey ! Lol ) , orange and brown .
I also think it looks great and i have been wanting one for many years !
When they were released in this color in 1994 , i was too young to be able to afford one and since , it has always been one of my favorite looking sportsbikes !

https://www.classicmechanics.com/urb...0rr-fireblade/

Last edited by Highway to Hell; 09-14-2021 at 11:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
IDoDirt (09-15-2021)
Old 09-17-2021, 08:24 AM

I finaly got the answer about the exhaust system on that 94 900 RR Urban Tiger , it is a Mig full exhaust system but i have the feeling the muffler has been shortened a biit cause the Mig logo disappeared from it and the puffler looks'spaller than on soléphotos thenseller sent me from when he bought the full exhaust system !
When the previous owner of that full exhaust system had it on his motorbike , the muffler still had its badge / logo on it but it's not anymore on the muffler of the 900 RR of the actual owner !

Old 09-18-2021, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

Mystery solved.

Quick Reply: Would you buy a beautiful 94 CBR900RR which was not used during 8 years ?