CBR 900RR 1993 - 1999 Honda CBR 900RR

94 CBR900RR Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 94 CBR900RR Questions

Hey everyone...
Im Daniel...had my Bike for a year and a half now...It is my first street bike...never laid it down yet...knock on wood...
Anyways onto the questions..I have never really riden in really hot weather and i just moved to florida....and the bike seems to get hot when...it dosent go all the way to the H but it 3/4 the way there then stops. is that normal?......And right now im on deployment so when i get back i will have alot of money...I was going to buy a new bike but i cant find anything that is me other than my bike so i wanted to make it faster....so i can keep up with the newer bikes....What can you do to a 94 CBR to make it faster???? Any tips are nice thanks

Old 07-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 94 CBR900RR Questions

I have a 95, living in Va, and it gets hot here too. At a light or slow traffic sometimes it heats up to about the same. I wouldn't worry about it.
As far as making it faster, you could get an ignition advancer, better air flow and aftermarket exhaust. You can get it jetted and make sure that it is tuned right, carbs sinc'd, clean plugs. Also, you can change your sprockets to give you more torque for take off. I went -1 in the front and +2 in the rear. That made a HUGE difference in the bike. Front end comes up real easy if not careful.
As far as keeping up the newer bikes, the sprockets I think will make the biggest difference. I lowered my front end a inch to keep the front end down. That will help you on the launching, and the only difference in the driving was it feels like it turns in a little faster.
Hope this gives you some ideas.

Old 07-15-2006, 12:02 AM

alright thinks for the advice....
When you go -1 inthe front and +2 in the back it will cut off my top end...right?
Cause im all about top end speed....

And another question.....I thought about going as far as putting Nitrus on it.....What has to be done to the engine for it to be capeible of running nitrus???

thanks

Old 07-20-2006, 11:32 PM

if you go up in the rear or down in the front it causes your bike to rev higher. less top end and decreased gas mileage. it's really hard to keep up with newer fuel injected bikes. i have 94 thats jetted and piped/ k/n filter. bike woke up, but there is no replacement for displacement. sorry not to knowledgable on the nos subject.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:10 AM

i live in memphis(consistently 100 right know) and it will turn into a ham cooker(especially the right side) in traffic...mine acts the same so don't worry about it...i also agree with the 1 down in front comment...i rev too high for the lack of top end...changing it this winter...

Old 07-22-2006, 04:34 PM

thanks for the input...Im from knoxville Tn...I hear its hot there too....I decided to just go with nitrous...Im buying the kit on the first but i wont be able to install it untill i get off deployment in Dec.

Another question...If i unhook my battery should the bike run itself with the fan running and all....cause mine dont....when the fan cuts on it drans the battery and when its so far drained the bike stops running...I blam it on the battery cause its really old and deep cycled out so im hoping thats what it is..... Anyone know if the bike will run without a battery after its started??? Thanks again