General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 cbr900rr w/ possible 93 parts bike questions

Old 05-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 cbr900rr w/ possible 93 parts bike questions

hey guys, i just bought a 97 cbr900rr that has kinda been to hell and back. but i bought it because i know honda has always made a great motorcycle and fireblades are a incredible machine with the right things done to them.. proper maintenance etc... my bike has been streetfightered out, and i want to turn it back into a factory looking bike. this bike that i have has some wiring issues( everything still works, but the wiring is jankey and not very organized). its definetly a fixer upper but i got it for a great deal so i dont mind putting some hard work and effort into it. but anyways enough of my blabbering. theres a shop not far from my house and he has a 93 cbr900 that he is either going to sell or part out due to the customer not paying for the work. my bike needs a lot of stuff (fairings,gas tank and a wiring harness) i know the fairings are a bit different but i was curious about the harness. I have searched and seen that the carbs on my 97 have a tbi sensor or something like that. but i just want to know what all i could possibly use from that bike on my 97.

sorry for the book i just wrote and thanks for reading!
any info would help

Old 05-19-2011, 11:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I can't say with a 100 percent accuracy, my gut says not much is interchangable. If you just need a good wiring harness, theres not much point in getting one for a different bike and having to hack and splice it. You can do that with the one you have.