There are 2 types of riders...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There are 2 types of riders...

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

ORIGINAL: cksean

nothing wrong with leaning too much...problem was not enough throttle...hope you learned something...
Exactly... I had just read how to do it on Lee Park's book, and knew that to save it all I had to do was throttle it up to stand her up again, but my survival reactions kicked in, and I just bailed from the bike.

that's what frustrated me... knowing exactly what to do, but having my instincts do the exact opposite.

But hey; that's why I'm practicing in a parking lot... so I can "push the envelope" a little more and mess up in a "safe" environment, and hopefully avoid doing the same mistakes in traffic. (although I do ride on traffic to get to this particular parking lot, but I find riding at the normal traffic speed, not as hard as trying to concentrate on riding "technique" )

And yes I did learnsome very important lessons; among others... I still have a lot to learn about throttle control, and my right turns stink [&:]
you sir are doing it right...[sm=smiley20.gif]
slow speed manuevering is the hardest IMO...

Old 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: There are 2 types of riders...

Man, I'm sorry to hear about that bro. I haven't dropped mine yet (knocks on wood) but I did drop a coworker's brand spanking new 1000RR on its side as I came to a stop at a roundabout. It had to be the most sickening punch-to-the-gut feeling Ive ever had and the fact that it was someones elses bike made it even worse. I know this probably doesnt help, but at least you had an accident practicing necessary skills and not popping wheelies down the freeway. Keep your chin up and hop back in the saddle.